MacOS Ventura Compatibility?

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
daily2500

MacOS Ventura Compatibility?

Post by daily2500 »

Hi Terramaster

MacOS Ventura is being released shortly after months of beta testing. Do you have updated drivers ready for D5 thunderbolt for when the OS is released in a couple of weeks?

D
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: MacOS Ventura Compatibility?

Post by TMwuu »

daily2500 wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 18:29 Hi Terramaster

MacOS Ventura is being released shortly after months of beta testing. Do you have updated drivers ready for D5 thunderbolt for when the OS is released in a couple of weeks?

D
We have not yet tested and verified the new system. This work will be carried out in the near future, and we will inform you of the results of our verification in the future.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
boris22x

Post by boris22x »

{L_BUTTON_AT}daily2500

I have D16, running the latest Ventura build. During the upgrade to Ventura, I have not detected any issues, running it since the first beta. No changes on my side related to D16 and no performance issues were detected.
SebAlb

Post by SebAlb »

@TMwuu

No news? Ventura is now officially released. Can we safely install it or do we run the risk of the Terramaster Raid stop working?

S.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

SebAlb wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 04:25Ventura is now officially released. Can we safely install it or do we run the risk of the Terramaster Raid stop working?
The Release Candidate (which has become the final release of 22A380) has only been available for under a week, so with that said … the Intel Alpine Ridge ThunderBolt cost shouldn't have any issues in Ventura, however it's the Highpoint RocketRAID SATA/SAS controller that the Terra-Master ThunderBolt enclosures use that could be the reason for no response at this time; it's that manufacturer that needs to provide an update to either drivers, firmware, or both, for compatibility with Apple's new OS release.

Terra-Master may still be waiting for the latter or hopefully has been testing it in the beta & the RC builds of Ventura & the status/direction will be updated soon.
daily2500

Post by daily2500 »

@TerraMaster - Ventura has been released now.

When will we have a status for compatibility ?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The new system has been verified compatible with Terramaster D5 Thunderbolt 3.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
OliverH

Post by OliverH »

Does that mean we can upgrade to Ventura with confidence? I don't want to upgrade and find that I can't access my photo collection that's saved on my D5.
OliverH

Post by OliverH »

Anyone? I don't want to update to Ventura and lose access to my files stored on my D5.
SebAlb

Post by SebAlb »

So far so good, no problems, running for about two weeks now. I have a MacBook Pro 2021 with M1 chip, Terramaster D5 Thunderbolt.