D5 Thunderbolt Unit Doing something on startup or reboot

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
flcoasterguy

D5 Thunderbolt Unit Doing something on startup or reboot

Post by flcoasterguy »

Whenever I start up my computer, or reboot it, my D5 unit just grinds away on the drives doing something for hours. I don't get any indication on the computer that anything is being read or written from the unit, but it is so annoying that it does whatever it is doing for hours. I hate to reboot my system even if needed because it will start all over.

Does anyone have any insight as to what the unit is doing, and if there is a way to stop it?

Thanks!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5 Thunderbolt Unit Doing something on startup or reboot

Post by TMSupport »

Are you using Windows OS? This issue usually comes from the HDD scan detection after the computer restarts. You can turn off the self-test function by entering the BIOS on the PC motherboard.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
flcoasterguy

Re: D5 Thunderbolt Unit Doing something on startup or reboot

Post by flcoasterguy »

This is on a Mac. After chatting with TerraMaster support, I believe it is the Spotlight indexing that is processing for so long. I am using my RAID as a Time Machine backup, so the indexing can't be turned off.