Loud Beep Sound on my Terramaster D5

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
dolphin77

Loud Beep Sound on my Terramaster D5

Post by dolphin77 »

Hi, I just bought a Terramaster D5, and setup using 5x8T Ironwolf Drives. To Raid 0.
I have encountered at least 5 times whereby the D5 went dead and gave a continuous beep sound. I have to off it, on it again, and then randomly it happens again. I then reconfigure to Raid 5, and still hit the same problem.

Does anyone encounter this and how to solve it? Or perhaps I received a faulty piece of equipment.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Loud Beep Sound on my Terramaster D5

Post by TMzethar »

Hello,
1. Make sure you have installed the RAID driver.
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2462
2. Please check whether it is a hard disk problem that causes the crash.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dolphin77

Post by dolphin77 »

I have installed Raid Driver numberous times. And also, checked all hard disk are ok.

This happen even when I swap the hard disk and reset the whole Raid. Did this 4 times and each time, the loud beep happens after few hours of use, the error is ALWAYS on the first disk, even different disks are used in Slot 1.

See error messages. Its basically unusable.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 11.36.46 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 11.52.33 AM.png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please contact our customer service and ask for a replacement.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dolphin77

Post by dolphin77 »

I have contacted the customer service, but they want me to do more testing, which I have already done testing for 1 month. basically, I have reinstalled both the RAID Driver and RAID Manager 3 times. I have swapped out 4 different hard disks on Slot 1, and reset up the RAID 4 times, I have also check all my hard disk are error free. The Set just give a loud beep after hours of use and hang. All the Logs point to “SLOT 1 HDD READING or WRITING ERROR” I am an IT Professional myself. I hope the Customer Service can do more…..
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I will forward this post to the service team and recommend a replacement for you.
may i know which email you contacted?
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
dolphin77

Post by dolphin77 »

See Attached screenshot, someone called Viona from TerraMaster was liaising with me … asking for more tests to be done.
Attachments
961B6860-B1CF-4DB5-B6B0-7BD66A7DD4DF.jpeg