D5 300C Thunderbolt Won't Connect

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
RickZ

D5 300C Thunderbolt Won't Connect

Post by RickZ »

I've just taken ownership of a 2021 MacBook Pro with M1 Pro CPU running Monterey, I also purchased a D5 300C Thunderbolt 3 DAS to use with it, I've downloaded and installed the relevant files but when I click on the RAID Manager Pro client in Applications which opens my Chrome browser http://localhost:7402/global.cgi?userid=administrator an get the RAID Manager Pro connection failure screen. I've also tried with Safari with the same result.

I contacted Terr-Master Support by Email with a full and clear explanation including screen captures and three days latter they replied with the following:

"The Raid Manager client is for the D5-300 model. Your D5 Thunderbolt 3 [D5-330] model needs to use the RAID Manager Pro client. Please refer to the following:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2462"

I followed these instruction and when I follow the Terminal instructions the driver isn't displayed though I have installed it and the end result is the same a RAID Manager Pro connection failure screen.

Has anybody resolved this RAID Manager Pro connection failure screen issue on an M1 Pro device running Monterey....
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 10.46.45.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5 300C Thunderbolt Won't Connect

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! The D5-300C does not have RAID client, just a simple hard disk box. After installing the hard disk, format it in Disk Management and use it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

TMSupport wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 16:10 Hi! The D5-300C does not have RAID client, just a simple hard disk box. After installing the hard disk, format it in Disk Management and use it.
Does that mean I set up slot 1 and 2 RAID using Monterey Disk Utility and don't require a specific Terra-Master App...

Why didn't Terra-Master support say that in their Email reply rather than instructing me to follow the instructions at this link viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2462
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Support may have misunderstood on the device model you provided. D5-300, D5-300C, D5 Thunderbolt 3 are three different devices.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)