D5 fails when 'sleeping' my Mac

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
allegrofilms

D5 fails when 'sleeping' my Mac

Post by allegrofilms »

I've only had my "D5-300 Thunderbolt 3" for a few days. I had no problem setting up the RAID 5 system with 5 x 8TB SSD drives. However, as soon as my Mac goes into sleep mode the drive seems to fail (after about 30 seconds) and the alarm goes off. As you can see from the attachment from the RAID Manager Pro, it mentions channel 1, 2 or 3 failing. And now it seems to be rebuilding. I see from other customer complaints (on Amazon) that this problem when sleeping iMacs has happened to other people. Is there anyway of solving this problem? I'm running Big Sur on a 2017 iMac. Thanks, Matt
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 10.56.45.png
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5 fails when 'sleeping' my Mac

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
You can try to update Mac OS to the latest version. If this problem persists, this hard drive is not compatible with our device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
allegrofilms

Post by allegrofilms »

Thanks. I've upgraded to Monterey but the problems persists; even if I eject the RAID before sleeping my iMac. I contacted TerraMaster before buying five Samsung SSD 870 QVO drives to make sure they were compatible; the answer came back 'yes'.
allegrofilms

Post by allegrofilms »

I wonder if the problem is caused by the RAID Manager Pro software or the driver I installed? Would it be better to set up the RAID system using the Mac's disk utility app? Any advice would be appreciated, otherwise, I feel like I've tried everything. Thanks, Matt
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry, this kind of problem is the incompatibility of the FW of the individual versions of the hard disk. The hard disk and the device wake-up exists RAID missing. It is recommended that you turn off the Mac hibernation function or shut down the device when you are not using it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)