Mac can only see Thunderbolt 3 array after driver install, not after reboot.

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
Trogg71

Mac can only see Thunderbolt 3 array after driver install, not after reboot.

Post by Trogg71 »

My Mac Mini was previously happily working with my 5 bay T3 external RAID DAS. It then stopped seeing the disk array for reasons I don't understand.

I decided to reinstall the Terramaster RAID driver.

I have followed these instructions viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2463#p13290 to the letter but have a problem...

I install the driver package and my T2 Mac Mini can then (temporarily) recognise and read my Terramaster Thunderbolt RAID array. However, the installation package demands a reboot. Once I reboot, the Mac loses the ability to see the array and the Terramaster app can no longer see the device.

I have tried the installation process six times now, with the same result each time.

In addition to following the instructions, I have also disabled my antivirus during the process.

I'm on Big Sur 11.6

Help would be appreciated!
JoseLuis

Re: Mac can only see Thunderbolt 3 array after driver install, not after reboot.

Post by JoseLuis »

I have the same problem, did you find the solution to this?

Now my problem got bigger, the terramasters are not able to recognize any of the hard drives.

I have a 16-box Terramaster and an 8-box Terramaster and I can't get any of the 2 to work with the MacMini :roll:

I think the most convenient thing would be to go back to a lower version of the operating system on the MacMini. I'm going to try and tell you something.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: Mac can only see Thunderbolt 3 array after driver install, not after reboot.

Post by TMnorah »

Hello, I understand some of your questions very well. Please try the following solutions:
1. Please upgrade your computer system
2. Regarding the problem of driver installation restart failure, you can enter this command in the terminal: spctl kext-consent disable
3. Start the Mac T2 security chip as the default value again. After restarting the Mac, try to reduce the security.
4. Or you may need to reset the 11.6 system, which may have the problem of incomplete Mac update, then lower the T2 security chip and reinstall the RAID driver.

Thank you for your support to Iron Horse!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Trogg71

Post by Trogg71 »

Hi Iron Horse

Thanks for your response. Following each of your points...

1. Mac OS is fully up to date
2. I have tried entering 'sptl kext-consent disable' into terminal (after entering sudo su and password) and get this message...

spctl: failed to store new configuration.

Any ideas?

For point 4 - reset - are you proposing I reinstall OSX, or is there some kind of OS refresh that might fix this issue without having to do a full TimeMachine restore?
JoseLuis

Post by JoseLuis »

Hello, the same problem happens to me

I have 3 D8 and after connecting it, it recognizes the disks and I can mount the RAID, but after restarting the computer, the RAID disappears and it is no longer possible to see physical disks again from the RAID Manager Pro.

Recent new I take it out of the box, but it is not recognized, I think there is a problem with the driver in MAC OS 11.6