Tunderbolt 3 and Drive Compatibility and Alarm

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
swldstn

Tunderbolt 3 and Drive Compatibility and Alarm

Post by swldstn »

Just got the Terra-Master 5D Thunderbolt 3. To test it out I took 5 WD Red 8TB drives I had and populated the unit to test it.
RAID configured fine and the volume for my Mac (w/ Catalina) set up fine as well at 32 TB.

I knew these drives are NOT on the compatibility list but there was no explanation. Every thing went fine and setup for RAID 5.
Now after a day or two the Alarm is going off. Not sure what is causing it or what log to look at to debug.
I am OK to replace the drives (had them from a Drobo I am replacing with the Terra-master) if I know the replacements won't have the same issue.

Is this incompatibility know to set off the alarm or could this be due to some other reason? All help appreciate.

Thank you.

Steve
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: Tunderbolt 3 and Drive Compatibility and Alarm

Post by TMnorah »

Hi!
Terra-Master 5D Thunderbolt 3 does not support these hard disks and cannot wake up after sleep. This causes some hard disks to be offline and will alarm. It is recommended to use our Thunderbolt compatible hard disks.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)