TD-2 Thunderbolt 3+ Setup Issue (MBP 2019, OSX 11.5.1)

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
Pooshoes

TD-2 Thunderbolt 3+ Setup Issue (MBP 2019, OSX 11.5.1)

Post by Pooshoes »

Hello,

I just purchased a new TD-2 Thunderbolt 3+ and am having issues getting the drive to mount on my Mac (2019 MBP 16" with OSX 11.5.1).

Steps taken so far (following instructions):

I installed 2 drives into TB-2 Thunderbolt 3+ (drives are 8GB WD-RED Plus WD80EFBX)
Switched mode to Raid 1
Powered on system
Held in reset button for 5 seconds. (no lights flashed but everything is green)
Connect to MBP with LIghtning cable
Open disk utility to format drives but nothing is mounting.

Any help appreciated. I've tested two different TB2 Thunderbolt 3 plus units and am getting the same behaviour with each.

Thank you,
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TD-2 Thunderbolt 3+ Setup Issue (MBP 2019, OSX 11.5.1)

Post by TMSupport »

Please try again following the steps. First install the device with the hard disk, connect it to the computer, then turn it on, and then switch the RAID button. Finally press the Reset button for 5 seconds.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Pooshoes

Post by Pooshoes »

TMSupport wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 10:45 Please try again following the steps. First install the device with the hard disk, connect it to the computer, then turn it on, and then switch the RAID button. Finally press the Reset button for 5 seconds.
Hello,

I've just tried this and had no change.
Pooshoes

Post by Pooshoes »

The drives are spinning and status lights on front of the DAS are green. They never flash red, even after holding reset for 5-10 seconds.
Pooshoes

Post by Pooshoes »

TMSupport wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 10:45 Please try again following the steps. First install the device with the hard disk, connect it to the computer, then turn it on, and then switch the RAID button. Finally press the Reset button for 5 seconds.
Any other suggestions to get this working? Else, i'll return these today.

Thank you,
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus supports four RAID modes:RAID0/RAID1/JBOD/SINGLE.
None of these 4 RAID modes be formed successfully? Or there is only a problem with the RAID1 model.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Pooshoes

Post by Pooshoes »

TMSupport wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 14:04 TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus supports four RAID modes:RAID0/RAID1/JBOD/SINGLE.
None of these 4 RAID modes be formed successfully? Or there is only a problem with the RAID1 model.
Hello,

I've tried all modes and the hard drives spin up but nothing is recognized on the computer.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please contact the purchase platform, and a new replacement will be arranged for you.
davidtkhayes

Post by davidtkhayes »

"Please try again following the steps. First install the device with the hard disk, connect it to the computer, then turn it on, and then switch the RAID button. Finally press the Reset button for 5 seconds."

New user and just set up all the hardware. Thunderbolt 3 Plus with dual 2TB drives. All connected to MAC and recognized in the Disk Utility. I erased the disks for now so they show in Finder, but want to use this as a simple RAID (mirrored drives), and migrate all my data, photos, files etc to them for permanent location.

When you say above "then switch the RAID button", are you talking about internal setup of the Terramaster? Do I have to connect a monitor directly to it to set it up? I downloaded the RAID Manager Pro, but I think that is only for the 3, not the 3 Plus and does not appear to find anything, says cannot connect and retries continuously.

any help appreciated thanks
davidtkhayes

Post by davidtkhayes »

Found it, changed the switch to RAID 1, initialized and have a single RAID drive. I use iCloud for everything, but is there a way to mirror iCloud Drive on this external drive for safe keeping?

or a simple way to tell MAC OS X that this RAID is to be used for all my documents and data folders?