RAID user

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
bigpal

RAID user

Post by bigpal »

I got a D8 a few days ago, and the first thing I did was change the RAID user password from the default to my own password that I use on every appliance I own... and now I can't get in. Seeing as I use the password often, I highly highly doubt I entered it wrong twice.

Anyone experience this? Can I do a firmware reset that clears the password?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: RAID user

Post by TMSupport »

Please uninstall RAID Manager Pro and reinstall it to reset the password.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bigpal

Post by bigpal »

This did not work, I tried uninstalling the RAID manager twice with a restart. Login still fails with the default "hpt" password. I also emailed support and haven't received an answer, which is why I'm posting here. I emailed a week ago... please help, I have a $2000 brick on my desk.

Thanks
bigpal

Post by bigpal »

It appears the uninstall application doesn't clean things up appropriately, and it's leaving C:\Windows\hptuser.dat and not deleting it. After you reinstall, delete this file. Or you can just stop the HighPoint RAID service, delete the file, then start it again - and your RAID password will be reset.

I'm in a secured area so I'm not too worried about physical security, but this seems a bit light in terms of OPSEC. Seems like a firmware password would be a better option.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the feedback, we will verify it here.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)