vSphere: TERRAMASTER D5-330 Thunderbolt 3

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
vorfina_pokorny

vSphere: TERRAMASTER D5-330 Thunderbolt 3

Post by vorfina_pokorny »

Hello @all,

I'm looking for an external 5 disk Raid enclosure, that works with VMWare vSphere 6.7. As you can never get enough speed, thunderbolt 3 connection would be nice, but I cannot find any info if the D5-330 works with vSphere. Any info about that would be very much appreciated!

Alternatively I'd also go with a USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gbps) 5 Disk RAID, but I could only find either non-RAID with USB 3.1 Gen2 or Raid with USB 3.1 Gen1 (=USB 3.0).

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Stefan
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: vSphere: TERRAMASTER D5-330 Thunderbolt 3

Post by TMSupport »

Our D5-330 could work with MacOS and Windows system at the moment, the VMWare vSphere 6.7 is not supported.
And we don't have the requested device which supports USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gbps) 5 Disk RAID.
It's suggested to go with D5-300 which supports USB3.1 GEN 1 5G with read/write speed between 180--220MB/S.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: vSphere: TERRAMASTER D5-330 Thunderbolt 3

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}vorfina_pokorny
I do not think VMWare vSphere 6.7 supports thunderbolt 3.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)