TD2+ Mac M1 Bir Sur TB3 speed + MDP help

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
webby

TD2+ Mac M1 Bir Sur TB3 speed + MDP help

Post by webby »

Hi,

I have searched through the forums and read through the M1 and Big Sur issues, I have not found anything about the TD2+ and the following.

I have the TD2+ attached via thunderbolt 3 cable and can see my drives, I am not running raid just independent drives and have the following issues.

Thunderbolt speed seems very slow, the same drive connected via usb-c ss10 read writes around 350mb/s and in the TD2+ is about 150/210mb/s

2nd is the mdp 1.4 doesnt fire up the display.

I understand new hardware/software issues and realize this may take some time to update etc, but I would just like to check two things a) this isnt a fault with the TD2+ and make sure it is something that can be sorted with an update. I dont want to hang on to it beyond the return window if its actually faulty or if it is never going to work how I want/need it to work

Thank you for your time
Pete
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TD2+ Mac M1 Bir Sur TB3 speed + MDP help

Post by TMSupport »

1. As for the speed, it will be faster with RAID created. Are your HDDs used in other devices before? Please refer to this link about how to create RAID viewtopic.php?f=66&t=441

2. which adapter are you using now? It's suggested to use USB type-C to HDMI adapter. Please refer to this link to get more information viewtopic.php?f=66&t=464
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

regarding the speed, I think the bottle neck is on the SATA hard drive. A single hard drive speed is about 150-200MB/s. Try to replace it with a SSD and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
webby

Post by webby »

TMroy wrote: 22 May 2021, 13:59 regarding the speed, I think the bottle neck is on the SATA hard drive. A single hard drive speed is about 150-200MB/s. Try to replace it with a SSD and try again.
This was with the same ssd drive one over usb-c coming in at much faster than when its in the TD2+
TMSupport wrote: 21 May 2021, 10:23 1. As for the speed, it will be faster with RAID created. Are your HDDs used in other devices before? Please refer to this link about how to create RAID viewtopic.php?f=66&t=441

2. which adapter are you using now? It's suggested to use USB type-C to HDMI adapter. Please refer to this link to get more information viewtopic.php?f=66&t=464
1) I know raid is faster but for this drive that via a usb-c can reach speeds of 350mbs but can not via the TD2+
2) Why would I need any adapter, my apple display has the mdp1.4 connector connected directly to the mdp1.4 port on the TD2+
I can get it to run via thunderbolt 3 to mdp1.4 adapter but this defeats the idea of having a mdp and I have an external drive I like to use in the spare usbc thunderbolt port