Changing disks in TD2 RAID 1. Could I will lose my data?

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
victor.techpro

Changing disks in TD2 RAID 1. Could I will lose my data?

Post by victor.techpro »

Hello everyone.

I have a TD2 Thunderbolt3 Plus, it has 2 drives in RAID1 with very important data. This data wont be needed until a few months, so I extracted the HDDs (lets call them Set A) and keep them in a safe. Now, I want to use the TD2 with another pair of disks (lets call them set B) also in RAID1, but I'm afraid that, when the time comes, and pull out set B and push in Set A, the Set A disks could be reformatted, erased, destroyed or anything else by the TD2, leading to the loss of my data, just because I've changed the HDDs.
It is my fear true? or can I still use my DAS with the set B in the time the set A is not in use?

Thanks in advance!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Changing disks in TD2 RAID 1. Could I will lose my data?

Post by TMS »

Hi,
When you use set A to insert into set A (set B also insert into set B).
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
victor.techpro

Post by victor.techpro »

So, can I make a new raid using set B (which are 2 hdds of 2TB each) and, in a couple of months, extract set B and then put in set A (2 hdds of 10TB each) an the data of set A will be displayed without any problem?
thanks
victor.techpro

Post by victor.techpro »

I just saw that I wrote "loose", my bad, I mean "Lose"
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Yes, set A and set B are the same kind of RAID. It is recommended to back up data and do not put eggs in a basket.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @