Apple Silicon (M1 SOC) Support

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
lennybruce

Re: Apple Silicon (M1 SOC) Support

Post by lennybruce »

I am confused why my D300c works fine with the Macmini M1, but newly purchased tb3 D8 Terramaster does not at all.
I am just using JBOD and no raid. What am i not understanding here?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

lennybruce wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 08:00 but newly purchased tb3 D8 Terramaster does not at all.
As the M1 Mac is running on ARM64 architecture, at the moment, there is no such driver and program available for such architecture, so currently Terra-master D5/D8 thunderbolt device is not compatible with M1 Mac computer.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
lucasprbanking

Post by lucasprbanking »

TMS wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 22:16
lennybruce wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 08:00 but newly purchased tb3 D8 Terramaster does not at all.
As the M1 Mac is running on ARM64 architecture, at the moment, there is no such driver and program available for such architecture, so currently Terra-master D5/D8 thunderbolt device is not compatible with M1 Mac computer.
Ok. Is that honestly the response to your customers who bought your most expensive enclosures??? Honestly this is ridiculous. Are there plans to develop drivers that will work with M1? How can you expect your customers to sit back and wait without you even giving them a timeline ? It would be a different situation if you guys were at least giving us some more info. All we get is sorry, these are not compatible with M1. Will terra master be willing to allow returns for D5 and D8 units? Especially considering Big Sure and M1 was supposedly figured out and compatible?!?!?! I sure hope we get some more info because soon, many users will leave the Forums and start talking in social media, YouTube, etc. So disappointing. And like I said, if we would get timelines, or would get filled in on plans to develop etc, your customers wouldn't be so upset. It's being left to wonder if we will ever be able to use our D5/D8's with M1 machines.
Indigohead

Post by Indigohead »

TMroy wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 22:31 Thank you for your report.
as the M1 Mac is running on ARM64 architecture, at the moment, there is no such driver and program available for such architecture, so currently Terra-master D5/D8 thunderbolt device is not compatible with M1 Mac computer.
If we don’t have any idea of whether you are working to resolve this issue then many of us including me will be returning our units if we can for a refund from Amazon before January. I intend to upgrade to a M1 Mac mini soon so the D2 will be useless to me otherwise
TheGeneral1861

Post by TheGeneral1861 »

Hi, so from reading thru this forum, it sounds like there's no support for the new Apple M1 chips and no timeline for support, etc. Neat, since I recently bought two brand new D5 and hooked it up to my new Mac mini M1 to the surprise of no support. The box is recognized in the system report but won't mount. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/PYAk3sW

@Terra-Master, should I have any hope of getting an update/timeline/patch for when the M1 support will be available before my Amazon return period expires on Jan 31, 2021? Is this something Terra-Master is currently working on to support? I recently purchased two of your D5 Thunderbolt 3 boxes because of your website and answered questions on Amazon stated support, as long as the computer has Thunderbolt 3 or 2 ports. https://imgur.com/a/PYAk3sW

If no support then your website is very misleading since it clearly states "Authoritative Quality Certification Both Apple and Intel have certified the D5 Thunderbolt™ 3’s design and performance, ensuring the device’s consistent performance and reliability.": https://www.terra-master.com/us/product ... olt-3.html

It's unfortunate because the box seams great on my 2018 MBP but if these won't work on the new M1, this is useless and will be returned if there is no timeline for a fix soon.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TheGeneral1861

Our plan is to support mac with M1 chip in one month from now.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TheGeneral1861

Post by TheGeneral1861 »

Thanks for the update TMroy. So will we see any news or updates for current TerraMaster owners as things progress?
berndolito

Post by berndolito »

Hello everyone, I have a TD2 Plus which is currently running on my Intel Macbook with Big Sure. Next week I'll get a Mac Mini M1 and if I understand correctly the TD2 won't work anymore. If the update comes here, otherwise the TD2 will go back to Amazon by 1/31/21. Greetings Bernd
TheGeneral1861

Post by TheGeneral1861 »

Hi @Terra-Master

Any updates on Apple M1 support for the 5-bay D5 Thunderbolt 3?

Thanks
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
D5 Thunderbolt 3 does not support Apple M1 temporarily.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)