D5 Raid freezes MacBook Pros

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
awilcken

D5 Raid freezes MacBook Pros

Post by awilcken »

Hi,
We bought a D5 Raid enclosure and inserted new WD Red 14TB drives,
which are not listed on the supported-drives-list.

Are 14TB drives just not yet listed or do they really pose a problem for the enclosure?
Because the raid freezes different MacBook Pros 15/16 (Catalina) when booting.

Any suggestions/procedure-tips?
sockchow

Re: D5 Raid freezes MacBook Pros

Post by sockchow »

The supported-drives-list does not list my newly purchased D5 Raid enclosure's new WD Red 14TB drives, which I put in there anyhow.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

May I know what is your exact model number?
How many drives did you install on your device? did you configure any array for your drives? are your drives brand new? your MacBook freeze when it connects to a drive enclosure, normally the reason is no response from the drives when your computer tries to access data on your drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ReneeWagner

Post by ReneeWagner »

Perhaps the problem is that these drives are not listed on the supported-drives-list. I always go to tech support when I have problems with my MacBook. Of course, if I know how to solve the problem, I do it. For example, the outdated cache may be why some websites behave laggy, so I clean it regularly. Old useless cache files often accumulate, slowing your browser and cluttering your system folders.
ReneeWagner

Post by ReneeWagner »

ReneeWagner wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 03:13 Perhaps the problem is that these drives are not listed on the supported-drives-list. I always go to tech support when I have problems with my MacBook. Of course, if I know how to solve the problem, I do it. For example, the outdated cache may be why some websites behave laggy, so I clean it regularly. Old useless cache files often accumulate, slowing your browser and cluttering your system folders.
Cleaning the cache speeds up your MacBook and doesn't create any problems for your system's good performance. You can also use CleanMyMac X to clean it automatically.