Transmission not working...

Transmission, qBittorrent, Aria 2 download applications
greenyamo

Transmission not working...

Post by greenyamo »

I updated Transmission (2.95-200810) and now there is no app icon on the desktop and the app will not run, as others have experienced.

I updated TOS from 4.2.08 to 4.2.15 ... I understand that by skipping installs in between that this could affect Transmission working, but I am prevented from rolling back to an earlier TOS version when installing.

Any ideas?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Transmission not working...

Post by TMSupport »

greenyamo wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 14:36 I updated Transmission (2.95-200810) and now there is no app icon on the desktop and the app will not run, as others have experienced.

I updated TOS from 4.2.08 to 4.2.15 ... I understand that by skipping installs in between that this could affect Transmission working, but I am prevented from rolling back to an earlier TOS version when installing.
Hi
Can you find the Transmission in the installed apps? If it exists, you can click "send to desktop".
4.png
Go back to the earlier TOS version can only be done by reinstalling the system, but you need to back up your data in advance.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
greenyamo

Post by greenyamo »

I don't have that option...

GTTeamKiller

Post by GTTeamKiller »

Hi,

as you can see on my post here : viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2301 i had the same problem yesterday ...

My guess is you have user and group bug and your transmission app doesnt have right to access its own files, this is why it doesnt start ...

You can either correct it by yourself using putty if you know what to do, or you can ask their 'engineers' to fix it ..
greenyamo

Post by greenyamo »

Thanks for your reply... I guess I will have to use Aria2 or qBittorrent instead
greenyamo

Post by greenyamo »

Update:
So transmission seems to be working again for me.

TOS version 4.2.15 - if software update is set to 'online', does this update automatically?

Also, I am now noticing that the drive are constantly whirring; they never go to sleep, even though I've set them to after 30 minutes.

This was working (drives sleeping) on a previous TOS version ( when Transmission WASN'T working)...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}greenyamo
Check this post.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)