Terramaster and updates ... "Pray mode" better be engaged for each update ...

Transmission, qBittorrent, Aria 2 download applications
GTTeamKiller

Terramaster and updates ... "Pray mode" better be engaged for each update ...

Post by GTTeamKiller »

Hello everyone,
sorry for broken english, i'm french.

i have the F4-220 NAS, working quite fine at hardware level, but software is quite different.
The nas was on version 4.1.5.xxx at begininng of afternoon ...
Each update on this NAS is a major risk of ruining something on it so i dont update if i really dont need to.

Today, i updated the Transmission app because i noticed some strange behaviour on settings saving, and the update seemed to work perfectly ... But i couldnt enter the transmission app after ...
I look into the manager and it was quite obvious it couldnt even launch the transmission processus itself ...

As usual, putty to the rescue ...

User and group TimeMachine for some Transmission directories/files, but not all of them :|
Transmission directories or files duplicated/moved from orginal location to another location and so on ...

I decided to upgrade the OS itself to the last version thinking that some requirement for the new version of the app were brought by the new version of OS. Upgrade worked fine this time, didnt need to mount manually my data again which is good ...
But Transmission still didnt work .. even after uninstall / reinstall ...
I had to locate and delete every occurence of transmission on my nas to get it working again ...

And even with that, i still had to play with chmod because of the 'timemachine' user and group bug (i dont use time machine, and i never used nor installed it in fact).

***Base on forum rule, some comments in this post has been modified***
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Terramaster and updates ... "Pray mode" better be engaged for each update ...

Post by TMroy »

Please tell your correct last TOS version, the version you mentioned seems to be wronge.
As we did not get the same issue report as yours, if you need help, please write an email to our tech team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
GTTeamKiller

Re: Terramaster and updates ... "Pray mode" better be engaged for each update ...

Post by GTTeamKiller »

I dont remember the exact number of the old version, but i'm sure it was 4.1.XXX ... And now it is 4.2.15.

I dont need help this time because i managed to get out of it thanks to putty, but it is something users should never be forced to do, and not everyone can do it ...
alekkk

Post by alekkk »

Hi,

I have the same problem with transmission app, someone can write the way to change permission to the folder via ssh?

Thanks

A
ddiddi

Post by ddiddi »

same problem with F5-221 with 4.2.07-2012241608 when I upgrade transmission to 2.95-200810 . /usr/local/transmission is own by avahi:sshd then I try to chown to transmission but it looks same issue any idea what happen ?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ddiddi
Hi!
Do you mean that transmission cannot be started after updating? If so, please try the following:
1. Please uninstall transmission first
2. Please download putty and log in to ssh, execute the command: sudo find / -name "transmission" -exec rm -rf {} \;
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ddiddi

Post by ddiddi »

It looks back to work now