Transmission no longer working since TOS 4.1.18

Transmission, qBittorrent, Aria 2 download applications
Cis
France

Transmission no longer working since TOS 4.1.18

Post by Cis »

Hello,

It s been a while I am trying to resolved this without success.

With the update to TOS 4.1.18, I think some applications setup have been broken, such as Transmission.

From the TOS UI, after installing Transmission, I cannot launch it and everytime I hit the restart button, I can see it s doing some processing, finish with a popup saying it s sucessful, however the proces status says stopped (instead of running).

I did several uninstalls and clean installs with same outcome.

Investigating further via SSH, I could try to manually run the command:

Code: Select all

[root@TNAS-xxxx init.d]# ./transmission start
./transmission: line 45: [: too many arguments
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/redis.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/redis.so: undefined symbol: php_session_create_id in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so: undefined symbol: ps_globals_id in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/redis.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/redis.so: undefined symbol: php_session_create_id in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so: undefined symbol: ps_globals_id in Unknown on line 0
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /etc/tos/cli.d/unicode_decode.php:4 Stack trace: #0 /etc/tos/cli.d/unicode_decode.php(8): _unicode_decode('/mnt/md0/public') #1 {main} thrown in /etc/tos/cli.d/unicode_decode.php on line 4, Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /etc/tos/cli.d/unicode_decode.php:4 Stack trace: #0 /etc/tos/cli.d/unicode_decode.php(8): _unicode_decode('/mnt/md0/public...') #1 {main} thrown in /etc/tos/cli.d/unicode_decode.php on line 4
[2020-04-13 15:34:26.231] transmission-remote:  (http://127.0.0.1:9091/transmission/rpc/) Error
Googling such an error returns issue with older version of php from 2014.. and our version seems not to check such prerequisites, still, I am not sure if this is a proper lead.

Could you please have a look into it and revert with status?

Steps for reproduction are easy on my setup:
TOS 4.1.18
Nas F4-220

1) install Transmission APP on TOS 4.1.18
2) try to start transmission > finish ok but process marked as stopped - no UI accessible.

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Transmission no longer working since TOS 4.1.18

Post by TMroy »

We will try to reproduce the issue and come back to you soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Cis
France

Re: Transmission no longer working since TOS 4.1.18

Post by Cis »

Hello again,

So my issue seems resolved now.
Actually I browsed in the Site and Forum and notice that you mentioned several times that upgrades of TOS must be done in a precise order and you could not jump some versions.
Also knowing that several applications were not working, Transmission, Apache, Java etc..

All that made me try a clean reinstall with the last version 4.1.21 and now Transmission is working properly.
Ref for process is there: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=305

Apache however is still failing to load.

Br
Cis