User banned from TerraMaster community

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
Admin
Administrator

User banned from TerraMaster community

Post by Admin »

Dear community,
Recently, some TerraMaster users’ TNAS devices have been attacked by ransomware Ech0raix (QNAPCrypt), causing their precious data to be encrypted and demanded for ransom. We express our regret for this and strongly condemn the attackers! After receiving the first reported case, TerraMaster immediately issued an announcement, released a software update, and calling on all users to take immidiately actions to avoid being attacked.

We are all victims. At such a moment, we should be united and fight against the attackers together. Regrettably, user "StanHK" did not stand with us, but continued to attack TerraMaster, mislead everyone by posting negative messages, organize as many people as possible against TerraMaster.
stanHK2.png
After investigation, we found that, for his own business interests, all his actions are an attempt to create a PR crisis for TerraMaster so that Forcing us to pay to his PR company.
stanHK pr.png
This behavior is a serious violation of the forum rules and therefore user "StanHK" has been banned.

Please abide by TerraMaster's forum rules and support us to continue to improve our products and services. Thank you all!
Forum Administrator
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: User banned from TerraMaster community

Post by sianderson »

the only criticism of TM for me is the lack of awareness that there is an update available on the units, for none forum members to be able to rectify a security concern as soon as it has been notified and fixed, the number of people posting they are struggling with the latest updates because their unit is running a really old version is perhaps an indication that its perhaps not an effective way at the moment

but i understand as a developer its all work in progress and every step forward that happens TOS is becoming quite a stable system for me, it just has more to go that's all
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

I concur.. the ONLY way I see these updates is by checking on the forum every day. The NAS unit does not tell you it needs an update. Look at QNAP when I log on to that it tells you straight away it needs an update or you can get it to tell you via a notification.

The updates need to be rolled out and communicated in a far better way.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

scoobyfizz wrote:
> I concur.. the ONLY way I see these updates is by checking on the forum
> every day. The NAS unit does not tell you it needs an update. Look at QNAP
> when I log on to that it tells you straight away it needs an update or you
> can get it to tell you via a notification.
>
> The updates need to be rolled out and communicated in a far better way.

Buffalo NAS drives have a light on them that flashes orange to indicate there is a pending notification so that prompts you to login to the web interface to investigate what that is