How to select correct hard drive for your TNAS?

Hard Drive, volume, storage pool, RAID
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

applicable models: All TNAS models

Applicable TOS: All versions

Since TNAS device need to work 7x24 hours, It requires high reliability of the hard drive, only hard drives that meet specific specifications are recommanded for TNAS, especially when you need to build a RAID. If you use unrecommended or unhealthy hard drives in TNAS, it may cause your device to malfunction, crashes, or you may even face data loss.

Please be sure to select your hard drive according to the compatibility list! If you need to determine whether your hard drive is healthy, please refer to the following guidelines.

If you need to build a RAID in your TNAS device, it is recommended to use hard drives with same brand, similar models and capacities.

For more information about choosing correct hard drive for NAS:
https://www.seagate.com/tech-insights/w ... master-ti/
https://blog.seagate.com/special-ized/w ... -your-nas/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
martinhunt09

Re: How to Choose the Best Hard Drive For Your NAS?

Post by martinhunt09 »

Before buying the best hard drive you will have to decide what you will use it for. What is the capacity and speed of the hard drive.

As far as I know There are over a million hard drives that you can use.

Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD

Hope this can solve your problem
demetry14

Re: How to Choose the Best Hard Drive For Your NAS?

Post by demetry14 »

I personally prefer WD Red Pro NAS 4TB Hard Drives. I have been testing them in the F2-210 and F4-210 with success. My F4-210 has been under constant 95%+ CPU load due to docker/photoprism and and the categorization of nearly 200k family memories. The drives are fairly quiet and the NAS fans are doing their job to keep the drives cool so far.