plex service stops running

Discussion about DLNA, multimedia, media server
scoobyfizz

plex service stops running

Post by scoobyfizz »

over night my plex service appears to stop. There are two resources left running but the service is unreachable. When I go to the app it says stopped so I have to start it again. Any ideas?
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: plex service stops running

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your TNAS Model number and current TOS version in return. Please check this post for some solution : viewtopic.php?f=75&t=364
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

F2-210 TOS 4.1.24, plex version 1.19.2.2737.

problem seems to be when it tries to scan a library. it seems to crash the application. so it is I suspect the fact that either plex is out of date (as the same library is in use on my QNAP server and it scans fine) or there is a memory issue with the size of the library and the terramaster version.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Memory overflow could be the reason.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

is there anyway to completely start afresh with PLEX on the terramaster NAS. I have tried the reset and also uninstalling and re-installing but somehow it seems to be remembering my settings (to the point I cant even delete libraries now so I think the database is toast) on my other nas I can access the plex media server directory but I cannot find it on the terramaster.

TOS Version4.1.24 Plex version 1.19.2.2737
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please uninstall Plex, and delete the Plex files at File Manager - admin - user - Plex
PLEX l.jpg
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

OK.. your post is a lite confusing but have found that now.. would have saved a lot of heartache that one..