Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
Aquatiriman

New volume required moving Plex server info

Post by Aquatiriman »

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me.
TOS 4.2
Plex 1.23.0.6244
Main mapped folder is Plex_Files with Films, TV Shows and Plex Server Info folders.

I needed to create a bigger volume, so I reinstalled plex on my newly created Volume #2 (I could not delete Volume #1 so I simply removed as much as I could from it and called it good).
I have Plex pointed to the new Films and TV Shows folders, but I don't know how to deal with the Plex Server Info, so this is the crux of my question.

I cannot seem to get "above" the Home folder (I can navigate there through file manager in TOS but cannot seem to get anywhere that I can copy stuff there) to where plex normally keeps it's metadata on Volume #1 to replace what's there, so I copied it to the same place as my libraries.
Is there a way to access and replace the metadata on Volume #1 or is a different location a better/easier option?
I have tried through the mapped drive to my PC with no luck, and have tried an external USB with all the Plex Server Info files on it, but again, cannot seem to navigate to where that stuff lives on the Volume #1 drive to copy anything.
My attempt to get around this was to copy the Plex Server Info folder to my mapped drive.
I have tried putting mnt/Plex Server Info/Plug-in Support and /mnt/md1/...under the Backup Directory in Scheduled Tasks to no avail.
Is there someplace else a different path should go?
Is that one directory listing to Plug-in Support how it finds the Media, Metadata, etc. folders or is there someplace else I need to change a path?
It somehow has all of my collections but totals are 0, and it isn't altering most of the updated names or posters I've chosen.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.