Why does Plex take so long to update?

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
bbezanson

Why does Plex take so long to update?

Post by bbezanson »

I have had this issue with Plex on my F4-220 since I bought it last August -- when I need to install the Plex update it literally takes hours to update.

I click the update button and the progress starts at 50% ad crawls for hours from there. I'm best to have it as an over-night operation, or I believe it is faster to delete it and reinstall.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Why does Plex take so long to update?

Post by TMroy »

As this is a official app from plex, we do not know what happening inside plex app, you better talk to plex about such issue.
Thank you.

https://forums.plex.tv/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

But this is your application updater and installer that is taking a long time. Not Plex. It seemed to be a faster upgrade/install in the versions of TOS from last September.
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

TMroy wrote: 12 May 2020, 14:55 As this is a official app from plex, we do not know what happening inside plex app, you better talk to plex about such issue.
Thank you.

https://forums.plex.tv/
But this is your application updater and installer that is taking a long time. Not Plex. It seemed to be a faster upgrade/install in the versions of TOS from last September.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry, I misunderstood your previous message.
Downloading plex will take longer, but normally it will complete in 20 minutes. How about others app?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

TMroy wrote: 15 May 2020, 08:50 Sorry, I misunderstood your previous message.
Downloading plex will take longer, but normally it will complete in 20 minutes. How about others app?
Other applications are fairly quick. A few minutes. The issue is only with Plex.

Thanks in advance for any help.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

That means your network and configuration working well, just because Plex app package is quite big, please be patient.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

it's just taken over 2 hours to uninstall on my f2-210.......
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...