Plex Media Server fails to install

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
joemc911

Plex Media Server fails to install

Post by joemc911 »

I am trying to install Plex Media Server.
Here are the steps and results:
- I go the TOS Desktop, select Applications, choose recommended (have gotten there other ways but this is fastest.)
- I click install, it either goes immediately to "Operation Failed" or sometimes says preparing where it seems to hang until I cancel or refresh.
- Went to the Plex webesite and downloaded the specific package for my Terramaster NAS.
- Manually tried to install. Gets to 50%, prompts for confirmation, after clicking confirm it says Operation Failed.

There have been a few times it says "Preparing" after clicking install. It just seems to hang. Nothing I do seems to help.
I have searched the forums and found similar posts I believe to have been closed or locked. Nothing I saw posted has provided any help.
Rebooted my NAS.
Installed another program through the App Store, successfully.
All my searches seem to point back to posts here in this forum to the few specific posts that have the same issue, none having any valuable advice.

Please advise if there is a known issue, workaround, some advice to correct this issue. Thank you.

I do have screen shots but the evidence is fairly generic.
BAROCAM22

Re: Plex Media Server fails to install

Post by BAROCAM22 »

ho lo stesso problema, prima c'era l'app center vuoto, poi ho scaricato tutte le app per installarle manualmente, su 17 solo 9 si installano, le altre danno tutte errore dopo aver caricato il 50%, l'assistenza mi scrive di disinstallare tutto e reinstallarlo con un altra lingua
joemc911

Post by joemc911 »

I don't know what language that one response was in but I will provide an update.

I updated to TOS 5 and was able to install the PLEX software. It also appears to have fixed some other issues. I was running a fairly old version of TOS.

So, if you're running an older TOS and have some issues with PLEX I would recommend updating your TOS as a first effort.
joros

Post by joros »

joemc911 wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 22:25 I don't know what language that one response was in but I will provide an update.

I updated to TOS 5 and was able to install the PLEX software. It also appears to have fixed some other issues. I was running a fairly old version of TOS.

So, if you're running an older TOS and have some issues with PLEX I would recommend updating your TOS as a first effort.
I'm having the same issue. Running the latest 4.xx version and Plex was working then broke. I tried unistalling but now it seems to be stuck in a loop of trying to uninstall. If I go into recommended applications it shows Plesx is Installing then i will get an Operation error. Then it trys to do the same thing again and again. Tried rebooting already. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks
joros

Post by joros »

joros wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 00:52
joemc911 wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 22:25 I don't know what language that one response was in but I will provide an update.

I'm having the same issue. Running the latest 4.xx version and Plex was working then broke. I tried unistalling but now it seems to be stuck in a loop of trying to uninstall. If I go into recommended applications it shows Plesx is Installing then i will get an Operation error. Then it trys to do the same thing again and again. Tried rebooting already. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks
OK, it seems all apps will not install. Tried a couple other apps and NOTHING will install. ??????
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}joros
1. Please check that your device is connected to the internet. 2. Which TOS version is installed on your device? Please up to date. 3. You can also try to install the app manually. App installation package
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
joros

Post by joros »

{L_BUTTON_AT}joros
TMSupport wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 16:11 1. Please check that your device is connected to the internet. 2. Which TOS version is installed on your device? Please up to date. 3. You can also try to install the app manually. App installation package
It fails when trying to install downloaded .spks as well so noit an internet issue. Running 4.2.40 I also tried re-installing 4.2.40 with same results. Thnx
joros

Post by joros »

{L_BUTTON_AT}joros
joros wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 20:52
TMSupport wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 16:11 1. Please check that your device is connected to the internet. 2. Which TOS version is installed on your device? Please up to date. 3. You can also try to install the app manually. App installation package
It fails when trying to install downloaded .spks as well so noit an internet issue. Running 4.2.40 I also tried re-installing 4.2.40 with same results. Thnx
So, any thoughts on how to fix this?