When are you going to update?

Discussion on Plex media server and clients
unixtall

When are you going to update?

Post by unixtall »

Deadlocking in version 1.18.8.2527. Please update to the last version!

1.19.1.2645 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unixtall

Re: When are you going to update?

Post by unixtall »

sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Yes, PLEASE update Plex! It's taken so long to get an update that I tried running it in Docker just to have the most recent version. Once I finally got it working I realized that transcoding doesn't function properly in Docker, so an update to the official Plex app would be greatly appreciated.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

One thing you should know about Plex update.
Plex keep updating their app frequently, but no all versions will be released into TerraMaster app center. Some versions will be rejected to Plex in case the new release were failed in testing by TerraMaster product team. And this sometime happens.

So you can have the new update only when it approved by TerraMaster team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Well that's exactly the kind of answer I didn't want to hear, but thanks for the response at least.
Paulwilliam

Post by Paulwilliam »

I have to say I'm becoming so frustrated with Terramaster and Plex updates - or length of time to release them. I have TOS 4.1.30 on an F2-421. It says the Plex version is 1.19.4.2935 but when I look at the version by logging into Plex and looking in the settings, the version is reported as 1.19.3.2852.
I have no idea how this is possible, but version 1.19.3.2852 was released by Plex way back on the 25th May, over 3 months ago!!! Version 1.19.4.2935 came out on the 11th June, nearly 3 months ago. Now I have seen Terramaster saying they need to check out whether the latest versions run on their operating system but 3 months!! that is a ridiculous length of time to still be checking for errors.
This limitation has made me seriously question whether to carry on with Terramaster. There is no way to manually upload the relese file to do a manual install. Why I don't know. Every other server has the facility. Why should Terramaster cripple it's users with this lack of functionality. Surely give the users the choice; if they're happy waiting over 3 months for "testing" to be carried out, then wait. If not, then give them the choice of installing the update manually.
It's a shame because the hardware does it's job, but the test personnel don't seem to be doing theirs, or if they are, they seem to be doing it with one hand tied behind their backs.
I don't think I'd go with Terramaster again. Other server manufacturers credit their customers with a little more intelligence. A pity because apart from this lack of ability to reduce the update delays, it's been an okay product.