Updating to TOS 5.0.126 Kills Plex Server

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Updating to TOS 5.0.126 Kills Plex Server

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ralexlaptop

The first user is the superuser who has all permissions to all your folders.
media group is plex's primary group, you can't find it under /ect/group, instead, you can check with id plex.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

ralexlaptop wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 11:05 If I have TOS 5.0 version 5.0.155 installed, why does "/etc/os-release" display the following?

NAME=Terra-Master Tnas
VERSION=3.x
ID=Tnas
VERSION_ID=2018.04.9
PRETTY_NAME="Tnas 2018.04.9"
Such information will be removed in future releases, it has not been used by the latest system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ralexlaptop

Post by ralexlaptop »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

After updating TOS to 5.0.155-00202 my Plex server wouldn't start so I uninstalled the Plex application but kept the settings. Now Plex is not displaying all of my media under "TV Shows". I was thinking that it may be a file permissions problem because Plex is displaying some of the media files but not others but that doesn't make any sense because there are files that are in the same folder and they have the same permissions but Plex will display one but not the other.
ralexlaptop

Post by ralexlaptop »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

Is it normal that whenever you update TOS 5.0 that you have to uninstall and reinstall Plex in order to start it?

I just updated TOS from 5.0.155 to 5.0.156 and I was unable to start Plex without uninstalling and reinstalling it.
ralexlaptop

Post by ralexlaptop »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
ralexlaptop wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 19:55 After updating TOS to 5.0.155-00202 my Plex server wouldn't start so I uninstalled the Plex application but kept the settings. Now Plex is not displaying all of my media under "TV Shows". I was thinking that it may be a file permissions problem because Plex is displaying some of the media files but not others but that doesn't make any sense because there are files that are in the same folder and they have the same permissions but Plex will display one but not the other.
The good thing is that it turns out that the problem of Plex not displaying all my media in my "TV Shows" library was not the fault of TNAS because I discovered that I was having the exact same problem with a Plex Server that was running on Windows. Which led me to look at my Plex settings. I was able to resolve the issue by changing the Agent option under the Library Advanced settings from "Plex TV Series" to "The TVDB". Once I saved that change, I was prompted to "Refresh All Metedata" and all the missing Series, Seasons, and Episodes immediately started appearing.
ralexlaptop

Post by ralexlaptop »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
ralexlaptop wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 11:33 Is it normal that whenever you update TOS 5.0 that you have to uninstall and reinstall Plex in order to start it? I just updated TOS from 5.0.155 to 5.0.156 and I was unable to start Plex without uninstalling and reinstalling it.
It appears that it must be normal to have to uninstall and reinstall the Plex application after updating TOS 5.0 because I encountered the same problem when I updated TOS 5.0 from 5.0.156 to 5.0.157.
ralexlaptop

Post by ralexlaptop »

My update from TOS 5.0.160 to 5.0.163 was my first TOS 5.0 update that didn't kill my Plex server and require that I uninstall and reinstall the Plex server to get it to work again. My smoothest update since upgrading to TOS 5.0.
ralexlaptop

Post by ralexlaptop »

Just updated TOS 5.0 to version 5.0.166 from 5.0.163. The update went back to killing the Plex server. I had to uninstall and reinstall the Plex server before it would allow me to enable the Plex server. The Plex server is still an older version 1.27.1.5916.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ralexlaptop

What did you do before the upgrade?
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
ralexlaptop

Post by ralexlaptop »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMLyy

When I was using TOS 4.0, I was able to update the TOS and the Plex server installation was never impacted. However, since the upgrade to TOS 5.0, I've had to uninstall the Plex server and reinstall the Plex server in order to enable it, with only one exception (updating from 5.0.160 to 5.0.163). It was the only update since upgrading to TOS 5.0 that the Plex server started on its own after the update was completed. That is the behavior that I was accustomed to when I was on TOS 4.0.