Plex can't see other volume for TOS 5

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
swest11

Plex can't see other volume for TOS 5

Post by swest11 »

I upgrade to TOS 5 and got plex running but I am having issues getting it to see files. Originally it couldn't see files in its own volume where it was installed but then I changed the permissions for plex and it was able to see it. Now I am trying to add data from a different volume but it can't see it. I have given plex the highest permissions I could and it still doesn't detect the library. Has anyone found a workaround?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex can't see other volume for TOS 5

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}swest11

Check the control panel for volumes, shared folder permissions for users in the media user group
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
swest11

Post by swest11 »

I did that and gave everyone full permissions. Still can't see the other volume
sico

Post by sico »

Had the same issue, can only see the local App stores
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please add the administrator to the media user group and set the permissions of the shared folders to read and write.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
swest11

Post by swest11 »

That's what I have done and it can't see the other volume still
OllieHardy

Post by OllieHardy »

Both TOS and TNAS PC are updated to today's newest versions. I am attempting to Map drives to file explorer as before the updates occurred, however not all folders on my NAS (which display on the web version of TOS) are being shown in file explorer.

All my documents etc, are in a folder called 'Homes' , which is visible online but not on my local network (file explorer).

The only folders displaying are:

Appdata
Application
Multimedia
OllieHardy (my new username for TOS 5 Setup)
Photoa
Plex
Public.

In TOS Online, there is one folder labelled 'Homes' , its location is in Volume 1, which is the only folder not displaying and frustratingly is the only one I need a file explorer shortcut to. I'd like to map the drive to this. Can anyone help or does anyone have the same issue? I'd post a screenshot but don't know how
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}OllieHardy

As the directory mount point in TOS 5 is totally different from that in TOS 4, 'homes' actually is a collection of all user home directories, it is not a real directory. So you need to move your files to other directories visible from your map drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
MapaM
Spain

Post by MapaM »

Despite giving the necessary permissions to the media user, I had to manually put them in the search box. Only in this way does it recognize the location of the video files.

/Volume2/Folder1
or
/Volume2/Folder1/Folder2
super-6-1

Post by super-6-1 »

I having this issue as well, followed what everyone has said and still can't access my other volume (Volume3) to get my movies and videos.