Plex can't see other volume for TOS 5

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex can't see other volume for TOS 5

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}super-6-1

Check the control panel for volumes, shared folder permissions for users in the media user group.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Cis
France

Post by Cis »

Any news on this problem?
I have just done a clean install with latest TOS5 on a dedicated volume, then have plugged back my original volume with my backup of data.
This volume2 is well recognized in the UI and all works well, I have also set all permissions as described in that forum thread.
Plex in docker cannot access / see the files in the volume2 while it can access the ones in the Volume1 on which TOS was setup.

Any hint welcome.
Cis
France

Post by Cis »

Replying to my previous message for others that may encounter the same issue.

You just have to add to the container parameters the group ID to use the "Media" Group, it has resolved the issue.

PGID=6

In my case Media group ID was 6, you can know this typing 'id' command.

Cheers,
Cis
vai0l0

Post by vai0l0 »

thank you had the same issues with all docker containers, added the group as a parameter to all
Lexbox

Post by Lexbox »

I can see the work around for docker containers but this isn't a fix for the native app from TNAS appstore. When plex is downloaded and booted from the appstore the plex user is created. However, the plex user isn't added to the user list in the control panel and as such we cannot change permissions for the shared folders. When I try to add the user "Plex" in the control panel it states that the user already exists. This user is invisible in the control panel. Can Terramaster gurus please get the user to show in the user list in the control panel so we can set the permissions to access other volumes?
Lexbox

Post by Lexbox »

Just seen the solution. Just go to the media user group, click on the edit button, goto permissions and select the folders you want plex to access by changing to read and write from deny.