Plex won't start - Operation successful then stops

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
pjcullin

Plex won't start - Operation successful then stops

Post by pjcullin »

Model: F5-221
TOS: 4.2.39-2203011626

Got unit in December, and everything has been working great since.
Had a power outage 2 weeks ago, and the TNAS system got messed up, and then I clicked ahead for re-initialize and wiped out my data...i had 90% backed up, so not the end of the world.

Decided it might be a good time to try out TOS 5. After several days of scanning/configuring the drives and then copying my data back over, i was able to install Plex server and get going again.
I must have misconfigured something, either in the TNAS or in Plex, because it was quite flaky and would often limit local network streaming to 480p.

No problem(i think to myself)

Restored to factory defaults(at least 4 times), and went back to TOS 4.2, both slightly older version from package (TOS_S2.0_Install_JM33_4.2.32_2203011626_2204071924.ins) and allowing it to install 4.2.39-2203011626 on it's own.

Plex(1.24.1.4931) will install from Applications, but will not start.
It doesn't even have the option to send to the desktop.

Have uninstalled Plex, restarted, manually installed the package from Plex(PlexMediaServer-1.27.0.5849-99e933842-x86_64.tpk), restarted, Plex will not start.

Tried all steps under: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=364
I have installed and used TextEditor okay, to be able to check the userid file for Plex.

I'm at my wits end with this one. I'd really love to not have to wipe the drives and start a week-long process of rebuilding from complete scratch.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex won't start - Operation successful then stops

Post by TMSupport »

You can contact our tech team to have a check.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pjcullin

Post by pjcullin »

I can't tell if the support team is trying to be funny or stupid.

I sent them exactly what i had written here, including the link to the steps i tried, which didn't work. It was the ONLY link in what i wrote.

Their response?
Hello,

Thanks for contacting TerraMaster!

Please refer to this guide to repair: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=364

Best regards,

TerraMaster Support Team
I'll be honest. I don't find that that funny at all.
That kind of response is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING and makes me wish i weren't a Terra-Master customer.
It would have been better for them to say "We have no idea" than what they sent.
cliftonwknox

Post by cliftonwknox »

Im having the same problem. Were you ever able to fix it?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}cliftonwknox
What is your system version? What is the version of the app you have installed? If you are using TOS 4.2.x, please refer to the article for troubleshooting first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)