PLEX not showing on TOS Desktop and disables itself when started

Discussion about DLNA, multimedia, media server
iba

PLEX not showing on TOS Desktop and disables itself when started

Post by iba »

Hi,

I installed PLEX and it does not show on the TOS desktop and it keeps disabling.

Also when I press start on PLEX it says configuration successful

I uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

O/S: 4.2.32-2203011626
PLEX: 1.24.1.4931

What can I do please?

Thanks
Gandalf1369
United States of America

Re: PLEX not showing on TOS Desktop and disables itself when started

Post by Gandalf1369 »

The version of Plex in the Terra-Master Applications store is way out of date. You can download the latest version (1.26) directly from the Plex website at: https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/

First make sure you choose "TerraMaster" then choose the correct version for your NAS - either the ARM version of the X86 one. Once the ".tpk" is downloaded to your computer you can install it by opening "Applications", then "Settings", then "Install Application Manually".

Hopefully this works for you. Good luck.

BTW, you can also get to the Plex Media Server by entering the ip address of your NAS followed by a colon and the port number (typically 32400) in your browser like this "ipaddress:32400".
F5-221 with 4x5TB drives in Raid 5 (Plex Media Server, TOS 4.2.44)
F4-220 with 2x8TB, 1x6TB in JBOD (Docker, PiHole, Uptime-Kuma, tnfsd-x64, TOS 5.1.123)
iba

Re: PLEX not showing on TOS Desktop and disables itself when started

Post by iba »

Gandalf1369 wrote: 05 May 2022, 04:48 The version of Plex in the Terra-Master Applications store is way out of date. You can download the latest version (1.26) directly from the Plex website at: https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/

First make sure you choose "TerraMaster" then choose the correct version for your NAS - either the ARM version of the X86 one. Once the ".tpk" is downloaded to your computer you can install it by opening "Applications", then "Settings", then "Install Application Manually".

Hopefully this works for you. Good luck.

BTW, you can also get to the Plex Media Server by entering the ip address of your NAS followed by a colon and the port number (typically 32400) in your browser like this "ipaddress:32400".
Thank you very much for your detailed reply; that worked. Much appreciated. Cheers.