Will Uninstalling DLNA server cause issues?

Discussion on Plex media server and clients
Penegal

Will Uninstalling DLNA server cause issues?

Post by Penegal »

Hello.

On one of my TNAS machines the F5-221 I keep receiving emails that the CPU usage has exceeded 90%.
When i look in resources I notice that the service Minimediad is the issue, I do have the DLNA Media Server installed on the F5-221, However, I have the Multimedia Server installed on my F5-422 but CPU usage is minimal (Good)!

F5-221 Is used only for Movies
F5-422 Is used only for TV Shows

I have read the DLNA can cause this issue and seeing as I only use both of my TNAS machines as a PLEX server and nothing else, Would Uninstalling DLNA remove the folders It created when i first installed the DLNA service?.. as I have all my movies in those folders.

I'm hesitant at Uninstalling the DLNA server F5-221 & Multimedia Server F5-422 out of fear it'll also remove over 5000 movies i have collected over the years,... So will my Folders and Movies files be safe if i uninstalled DLNA?

If i only use PLEX, I don't need the DLNA server installed at all, right?

Thanks for any advice and Help you can offer.

Gary.

PLEX Media Server
1x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T2, (Top Exhaust)
2x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T7-N, 2U (In) n (Out)
TP-Link TL-SG1016PE JetStream 16-Port Switch
F5-221
F5-442
2x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T9 3U, (In) n (Out)

I Want To Believe
Penegal

Re: Will Uninstalling DLNA server cause issues?

Post by Penegal »

I don't mean to be pushy, however, I made the above post just over 2 weeks ago and would love it if any of the Terramaster support staff - @TMzethar ,@TM-Allen, @TMroy @TMsupport6 with knowledge of the issue i mention could help with the above post, Please?

Only the F5-221 is having the CPU issues. (mentioned above)

Thank you

PLEX Media Server
F5-221
F5-442

I Want To Believe
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
DLNA Media Server is only available on arm architecture devices, have you provided the correct device model? Multimedia files will take up a certain amount of CPU performance when indexing. Also uninstalling the app will not affect the files stored in the shared folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Penegal

Post by Penegal »

TMSupport wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 11:12 Hi!
DLNA Media Server is only available on arm architecture devices, have you provided the correct device model? Multimedia files will take up a certain amount of CPU performance when indexing. Also uninstalling the app will not affect the files stored in the shared folder.

Sure the machine Models are correct,... Here is a screenshot of the F5-221 with the installed apps,... as you can see, i only use it for PLEX and you can clearly see the DLNA Media Server

for some reason the images do not show, So I've posted a link, not sure why they haven't shown, maybe they may appear later!
https://imgur.com/kRZVQS1

SO, Uninstalling this DLNA Media Server will NOT remove the folders it created when i first installed it?
As i have near 6000 movies and i would be pretty upset if removing the DLNA Media Server removed all my content.

And on the F5-422 There is the Multimedia Server Green App,... Though I've never had a CPU usage issue on the F5-422 however, as i mentioned, I only use the MAS Machines for PLEX and nothing else,, so I don't need the Multimedia Server right?
https://imgur.com/W6I9zTK

Again, thanks for the reply

PLEX Media Server
F5-221
F5-442

I Want To Believe
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Penegal

Hi,
The “DLNA” on the F5-221 is an quite old version, and it is easy to cause some problems in the use of later versions. It is recommended to delete and install a new version named "Multimedia Server".
Although this will not delete your data, you need to make a migration backup of your data for another reason.
Before you install the new version, if the "photo, video, music" in your shared folder was automatically created by the old version of DLNA instead of manually created by you, please back up the data in it to other shared files folder and delete the three shared folders and recreate them.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Plex”