Plex continually configuring since updating to TOS 4.2.28

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
relaxa

Plex continually configuring since updating to TOS 4.2.28

Post by relaxa »

After 2 years of Plex working (almost) flawlessly on my F4-210 I have had big problems since updating to 4.2.28

After the update, trying to open Plex would just give me an endless "Configuring..." message and would never open.

Initially I tried replacing the database files with backups which worked for a couple of hours and then went back to the same problem. This time it couldn't be fixed by replacing the database files.

The only solution I found was to uninstall Plex; delete the Plex folder in Home; reinstall Plex and then replace the database files in the new Plex folder. This worked but involved a lot of manual re-jigging to get my database back to where it was, which was a very time-consuming process.

Now, three days later, it has happened again. Same problem, replacing database files does nothing, uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing.

I'm reluctant to delete the Plex folder again as I'm not keen on manually restoring my database again, especially if it's just going to go again in a few days time.

Any ideas please?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex continually configuring since updating to TOS 4.2.28

Post by TMRyan »

It is recommended that you no longer use the original database file for replacement but recreate a new database for use.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
relaxa

Post by relaxa »

Yeah, problem is I don't want to have to manully reload a 17 library 24000 file database every three days.

There must be a better way.
pupshadow117

Post by pupshadow117 »

Have you tried updating plex to the latest version? The application store doesn't have the latest build so you'll have to download and install it manually. I had the same problem as you but since I updated my plex server is running smooth now. As of typing the latest build is 1.25.5.5492-12f6b8c83.
relaxa

Post by relaxa »

Thanks, just updated now.

All seems ok at the moment, we'll see how things are in a few days.