How to access Plex Media Server folders in Windows?

Discussion about DLNA, multimedia, media server
georgectv

How to access Plex Media Server folders in Windows?

Post by georgectv »

I have a F4-210 NAS. It is great. Plex is great. However... I had Plex running on my Windows 10 desktop. I've spent countless hours updating metadata. I've now installed Plex on my NAS, and copied all my content from Windows to the NAS. I can access everything fine on the NAS version of Plex., and can access it on the NAS Plex server. Now I'd like to update the Plex Media Server folders, to bring over the meta data. I've found a great youtube video by Lon.tv that explains "How to Move Plex from Windows to NAS".

I'm able to view the Plex Media Server Folder on the NAS, located at User\Plex\Home\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server. I'm stuck on the step at the 7:18 mark in the how to video. I can't figure out how to share the Plex Media Server folder on the NAS, so it is visible in the Windows File Explorer.
I can see the shared folders admin, appdata, and public, but how can I make the User\Plex\Home\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server folder shareable?

Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to access Plex Media Server folders in Windows?

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! User\Plex cannot be accessed in windows, because the plex user is not a user who can log in to the TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
georgectv

Post by georgectv »

So, is there any way to update the meta data for the Plex files I move over to the NAS? Or will I need to rebuild it all from scratch?
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

Use winscp as example to connect to your NAS via SFTP and access any folder to copy files on it
georgectv

Post by georgectv »

Even using WINSCP, I'm not seeing a path to access/copy to the User\Plex\Home\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server folder.
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

Browse to /home/plex/Library/...
I don't have an arm NAS (F*-210), normally should be the same location as on x86 NAS
But you should connect with winscp using root user (administrator doesn't have the rights to copy to this folder)
Screenshot_20211222_180608.jpg
If you don't wanna use root user with winscp, then copy temporary to any location on your NAS using any method you want and then using ssh copy/move from the temporary location to plex directory adding sudo in front of the cp/mv command