Plex Install Issues

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
cardajowol

Plex Install Issues

Post by cardajowol »

Can I can some help, I was having some SMB issues so I updated to the latest version of Terramaster but after my Plex wouldn't start, kept saying configuring and stopping. So I tried to uninstall etc and reinstall etc, no luck. After little while the installer stopped working now all I get with Plex with both the application install and when trying to install manually is Operation Failed. Non of the other topics I've read and troubleshooting or changes to the permissions or Plex folder rename/deletion seems to change this. It also now affected emby as well I get the same issue with that where it just sites there Operation Failed.

I don't even think plex has uninstalled properly from the system. I'm getting no where, I can't find a log or anything related to the application portion of TOS to see what the problem is to fix it. All I was able to find was that my database had corrupted for plex but by then my installer of plex had stopped working won't install it or Emby now and I'm stuck.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex Install Issues

Post by TMSupport »

HI! Have you try this one for troubleshooting? viewtopic.php?f=83&t=364
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cardajowol

Post by cardajowol »

Yes I have looked through that but all that advises is on is Plex not starting or stuck in configuration, it has no information on why application install for Plex or Emby keeps showing "Operation Failed" when trying to install it.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Please follow the instructions in the link below to try it out:
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=815
cardajowol

Post by cardajowol »

Nope, Tried it, even reset TOS box before trying install Plex - Plex was showing "upgrade" not install, clicked it got operation failed, went back to showing "install" and just doing the same again "Operation Failed"
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Can other apps be downloaded successfully? If it also fails, please follow the link to troubleshoot.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cardajowol

Post by cardajowol »

Ya its not a network issue thats working fine. I have been able to download another App. I'm a network engineer for a living I'd know if it was a network issue.

Plus I already advised it gives me the same error when installing manually with the package file of Plex - "Operation Failed" which doesn't require internet connection to install.