Plex Media Server TPK Package

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
Gandalf1369
United States of America

Plex Media Server TPK Package

Post by Gandalf1369 »

Just saw that the people at Plex have made available a TPK package for the latest PMS version 1.24.2.4955. Take a look at this thread: https://forums.plex.tv/t/terra-master-t ... all/731983.

If anyone tries it let us know how it went and if there were any problems.
F5-221 with 4x5TB drives in Raid 5 (Plex Media Server, TOS 4.2.40)
F4-220 with 2x8TB, 1x6TB in JBOD (Docker, PiHole, Uptime-Kuma, tnfsd-x64, TOS 5.1.123)
deejc

Re: Plex Media Server TPK Package

Post by deejc »

Latest version now available on the proper download site

https://www.plex.tv/en-gb/media-server-downloads/

I installed and it’s working great
F2-220 WITH 2 x WD RED 2TB RUNNING 4.2.17
titan5

Post by titan5 »

Hello,

I have given up on Terramaster providing an update to Plex Media Server. I see that there are now 10 updates since the one offered through Plex. I have DL latest version for Terramaster direct from Plex (1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277) and would like to ask if updating is as simply as navigating to the >apps>settings then browsing to the TPK and install application manually?

Will this update the current Plex to the latest while retaining current settings?
Attachments
TNAS | apps>settings
TNAS | apps>settings
LarryFlynt

Post by LarryFlynt »

I would have hoped it was that easy, and I tried it just before Christmas in fact. The update ran for a bit, but didn't seem to actually update the version showing in the Application window. When I closed the Applications window and reopened it, Plex was showing that there was an update available. Not quite sure what was happening, I clicked on the update button. Again it ran for a bit. When things had finally finished, it said it was 1.24.1.4931

I don't recall what it was at before I started, or if that's a higher version that is currently available from TerraMaster, but I do know that it isn't 1.25.2.5319. I'm not familiar enough with Linux, but I'm guessing that there are some permissions on files somewhere that aren't allowing the directly downloaded version from Plex to be installed. Maybe someone else here has had better luck, or suggestions on how to get it to work. I just thought I'd share my experience with the attempt.

L.F
premuto

Post by premuto »

I have tried to update plex to 1.25 downloaded the tpk file from the plex website ARM for f2-210, but when I try to install it manually it gives an error at 50% and it does not install, any ideas on how to install, because terramaster I see that it has not updated plex since August :cry:
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}premuto
The installation package for ARM that we downloaded from the plex official website is available. You can download this installation package and install it, if it is still stuck at 50%, you can send an email to our technical team for a remote session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
premuto

Post by premuto »

i found the problem. im spanish and my TOS languaje is Spanish, I change TOS languaje system to english, and now y have installed the update of plex
PlexMediaServer-1.25.5.5492-12f6b8c83-aarch64. but system say that i have istalled version 1.24
LarryFlynt

Post by LarryFlynt »

I tried the apk posted by TMSupport, and the results are exactly the same as when I tried the 1.25.2.5319 file I downloaded directly from Plex. It says it's installing (no errors showed), but after all was complete, it's still showing 1.24.1.4931
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}LarryFlynt

Please go to the plex app settings to check its version number.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
LarryFlynt

Post by LarryFlynt »

as mentioned in my post, 1.24.1.4931 :
version.jpg
version.jpg (14.12 KiB) Viewed 10405 times
Things happened the same way they did as I mentioned in my January 8th post. I did the apk install, there were no errors reported, and when I opened the Application screen in Terramaster desktop and opened the details on Plex, it said it was on 1.24.1.4931 but that there was an update. I clicked on install, it ran for a while (with no errors), and when it was all done, it says I'm still on 1.24.1.4931