Issues with Plex

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
titan5

Issues with Plex

Post by titan5 »

Upgraded router to 802 AX with IPv6
Router reassigned new IP to Terramaster F5-221 and created all kinds of problems. Is there an issue with new 802AX router firewall or IPv6?
Not sure what the issue is but Plex no longer sees the media folders and no option to re-add. there is no "manage" section in PLEX to add/map folders
TNAS shows TNAS Help Failed to Load. Your TNAS is not connected to the internet
The network status shows assigned IP but shows disconnected from Internet
I have uninstalled and reinstalled PLEX 3-4 times hoping to reconfigure a new install but this does not work, system will not prompt for folder locations

Have latest TOS and latest (from Terramaster) Plex Server

If I reset / reinstall TOS will this fix and will I retain media library (data) on the NAS?
Is this normal with a router change?
Attachments
IMG_20210824_2344281.jpg
IMG_20210824_2344281.jpg (22.64 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
IMG_20210824_2344216.jpg
IMG_20210824_2344216.jpg (19.32 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Issues with Plex

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
"Your TNAS is not connected to the internet."
Please check the information about the gateway and DNS.
Go to control panel-> network services-> network-> network interface, and then edit the connected LAN and change the DNS to "8.8.8.8".
After that, you can try to see if plex can be used normally. If the result is the same, you can try to log in to the plex with another account.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titan5

Post by titan5 »

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have done as you suggested with no success. I get the same disconnected from the internet messages and Plex still missing the shared media folders on the NAS and no option to add new folders. See Network Interface images.

Note with the old AC router the NAS had IP 192.168.1.115
The new AX IPv6 router seems to keep pushing 192.168.50.2 as a static IP and that is what is assigned to the NAS now.
Attachments
tnas_network_1.JPG
tnas_network_IPv6.JPG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Whether your network is currently connected successfully, if not, please edit the LAN and check "Set as default gateway", and then check the network connection.
2.png
1.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)