Plex Issues - Previous Solutions not Working

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
MissionAborted

Plex Issues - Previous Solutions not Working

Post by MissionAborted »

I am having Plex "Configuring" issues and other issues around Plex. Each time there is a Plex Update, my server goes down. The last number of times Plex was updated, I could not get anything working until I backed everything up, restored everything to factory settings, deleted and re-formatted my RAID drives, and started everything from scratch.

In TOS, the Plex application simply says "Configuring... Please Wait," until TOS times out, at which point the Plex app stops and I have to login and try again.

I have tried the "When Plex Fails to Load" solutions from this link -> viewtopic.php?f=75&t=364 - but nothing from this worked and I tried other possible solutions... I Uninstalled and Re-installed Plex several times (didn't work); I backed up TOS Settings and then Restored from the backup (didn't work)...

One suggestion offered was to SSH in uninstall / re-install Plex that way. I am willing to try this but have no idea how to do this. Is this done from the TOS Terminal, or the Terminal from my Windows 10 PC? I'm kind of lost here, so I am hoping someone can provide a step by step guide (with commends) on how to SSH and complete this...

Any other suggestions or solutions to fix this issue once and for all would be GREATLY appreciated, as it has become VERY frustrating to start from scratch every time there is a Plex or TOS update.

Thank You! :)

MA
MissionAborted

Re: Plex Issues - Previous Solutions not Working

Post by MissionAborted »

UPDATE: There is certainly something going on. Now I cannot even open TOS. TNAS-PC recognizes my F4-210, but TOS will not open in the browser.

Any help at all would be appreciated. I've tried everything I can find and nothing seems to work.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Clear browser cache?

Other than that try a tos reinstall and go from there.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

I figured out how to SSH in as root and deleted plex, then re-installed. I am now getting a message to claim the server, but Plex will not allow me to do so. Going to re-install TOS (again) and go from there, I guess.

This is hugely frustrating, as I have to delete and re-install everything each and every time Plex gets updated. There must be a permanent fix for this...
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

UPDATE:

Once again had to revert to factory settings. Tried to restore from the backup and this led to the same issues as previously outlined. Reverted to factory settings, yet again (3rd time in 2 days) and re-set up TOS again. FINALLY, Plex seems to have recognized my server, allowed me to claim it and, after additional trouble with re-adding libraries, is scanning files.

This has been the same go-around EVERY time there is a Plex Update. Is there any way to avoid having to totally uninstall and re-install TOS every single time??
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

Update:

Plex has now stopped scanning and I am getting a "connection not available" message... back, yet again, to "configuring" in the TOS Plex app.

Can someone PLEASE help? I have contacted the TerraMaster team and have not received a response of any kind.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

The problem I had with this update is with scanning my libraries. I know my libraries are good as another two installations of Plex looking at the same directories works fine....

I have given up on plex on my Terramaster device for now.

if it says configuring try rebooting but I bet this won't help :-(
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

Me too... It finally worked for me after hours and hours. I had to delete all plex data - all files and folders etc. and start from scratch... I was fine for the last three weeks and today, I lost my power for 5 minutes... I am now back to the same thing... configuring.

Plex does not work properly on TerraMaster, which is the ONLY reason I bought it... to organize and stream my media in a RAID configuration. It is the only reason I went with Terramaster over anything else...

***Base on forum rule, some comments in this post has been modified***
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry for the inconvenience. Plex is a third-party application. According to your feedback, we have tested the update package of Plex many times and have not found related issues. Our technical team can help you check it remotely. Of course, you can also report related issues to the plex team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

Yesterday my power went out for 5 minutes. When I re-booted my F4-210, NOTHING would work. This has been an ongoing issue as well, and I have had to uninstall and re-install TOS on several occasions. On several other occasions, I have had to completely reformat my Hard Drives (WD Red NAS Drives) and set up RAID 6 again. This has happened about 10 times in the 13 months I have owned my F2-210.

I am currently re-adding all my media to my server (again) and will tackle the Plex issue once all media has been re-added. I will take screen shots of the issue to send along, and I hope you will remote in to fix the issue. I am not the only one having issues with Plex on TNAS.