Plex Issues - Previous Solutions not Working

Discussion about DLNA, multimedia, media server
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex Issues - Previous Solutions not Working

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MissionAborted

Is your WD Red Nas Drives CMR or SMR?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Frequent problems may be caused by the hard disk.
SMR is not suitable for use on NAS, please select the hard disk according to the compatibility list.
https://www.terra-master.com/global/compatibility/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MissionAborted
Canada

Post by MissionAborted »

I had a feeling that would be the response. There is literally a list of only 18 drives that will work with this device!

I can't imagine the average person knows the difference (I sure didn't) and TerraMaster doesn't really divulge this information when buying. I suppose my options are spend $600.00 + on new hard drives, or replace the TerraMaaster... I know which one is easier and will lead to fewer problems.
MissionAborted
Canada

Post by MissionAborted »

I pulled out my drives and re-checked... They are actually CMR.
MissionAborted
Canada

Post by MissionAborted »

Plex randomly stops working and this is what happens... When this happens, I cannot access via Plex web or app.

Attachments
Capture.JPG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

MissionAborted wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 02:15 I will take screen shots of the issue to send along, and I hope you will remote in to fix the issue.
Hi! Have you sent email to our tech team? If convenient, mention your forum ID in the email.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
MissionAborted
Canada

Post by MissionAborted »

I have sent several emails to the support team. They told me to install Team Viewer and they would remote in to solve the problem... They missed the date and time they were supposed to login and the only communication since was an email asking "are you available now?" in the middle of the night.

After reading through the Forums, it appears the Plex issue has been widely reported and known for months / years. I would appreciate a solution, other than telling me it is my hard drives, or plex needs to be updated, or TOS needs to be updated. The issues is clearly with TOS and how it interacts with Plex.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MissionAborted

I have explained many times, I do not mind to do again. as the Plex package is built by plex team, TerraMaster can do nothing to plex app. please report your issue to plex team. In most cases, when the user asks for assistance, all our engineers can do is to help the customer reload the database or rebuild the database, because of some reasons, plex failed to restart or load its database properly. we have no idea why. These issues are not directly related to TOS.

When an app doesnot work properly on a device, the app developer needs to tune his app and make sure his app can work on the device. For example, your facebook app does not work well on your phone, you need to feedback such issues to facebook, not the phone provider by instead.

Talk to plex, get your issue solved there.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
MissionAborted
Canada

Post by MissionAborted »

The problem is not with Plex... the problem lies with TOS.