Securing shared folders against Terra-master multimedia app

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
titanrx8

Securing shared folders against Terra-master multimedia app

Post by titanrx8 »

I run F2-221 with TOS 4.2.09 with RAID 1 and EXT4. I have my video and photo folders in a shared folder called public. Public is the only folder with full permissions for read/write from admin and all users. All other shares are set for only admin or one named user.

The Multimedia app was installed in order to give my DLNA devices local access to the videos and photos. The only folder that was "dragged" into the access column of the app was "public".

My smart TV can now access all the shares on the server, not just the public folder. Not sure why this is happening.

1. Is there a way to restrict the app's access? I don't see any security settings in the app.

2. Can the app add a way to more finely identify the folders it can access? Ie: \public\videos
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Securing shared folders against Terra-master multimedia app

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the report, we may have to verify the reported issue here first. We'd like to ask whether it's ok to let the technician to check the issue there if it could not be replicated here?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Securing shared folders against Terra-master multimedia app

Post by TMRyan »

We did not find the problem you mentioned, how do you judge that the smart TV can access all the shares on the server?
When you add a video that is not in public to another shared folder, can you search it and play it on your TV or computer?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)