Adding subzero to Plex

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
twattowoo

Adding subzero to Plex

Post by twattowoo »

Hi does anyone know how add the subzero subtitle plugin to Plex ? I have found the Plugin folder but I am unable to paste subzero folder in there. I am using f5-221 nas running TOS 4.2.08
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Adding subzero to Plex

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Maybe you can try to put the folder in Plex>home>Library>Application Support>Plex Media Server>Plug-ins.
Plex-.png
Then enter Plex, click Settings to manage Plex plugins.
plex.png
plex.png (20.62 KiB) Viewed 3233 times
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
twattowoo

Post by twattowoo »

Thank you for the reply thats what im trying to do but I can drag and drop or paste the subzero folder into the plex plugin folder. When I copy and paste the file task screen appears and goes from 0% to complete without showing any progress. And the folder does not load. as you can see from my many attempts.
Attachments
Capture (2)-min.jpg
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Sorry,

My countermeasure is somewhat wrong. The configuration folder is not interoperable with other folders in the file management, and the folder cannot be transferred to Plex. You need to log in to the terminal tool to operate.

If you don't know how to use terminal tools, you can learn it online.

The steps are as follows:
1. First, you can upload the plug-in to TNAS, such as a public shared folder.
2. Enable SSH in the control panel.
3. Then use a terminal tool (such as PuTTY) to log in, enter the IP, SSH port, username: root, and the password is the same as the admin account password.
4. Enter the command:
cp -r /mnt/md0/public/Sub-Zero.bundle "/mnt/md0/User/plex/home/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins"
or
cp -r /mnt/md0/public/sub-zero.bundle / mnt / md0 / application / lib / plexmediaserver / Resources / Plug-ins-b0c7a97d9
Press Enter.
5. After transferring the plugin to the target directory, go to the management plug-in in the settings in Plex.

Note: The sub-zero.bundle in /mnt/md0/public/sub-zero.bundle is the folder name of the required plug-in. You can transfer the plug-in folder via SMB.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
twattowoo

Post by twattowoo »

Done awesome thank you for your help
supreetv

Post by supreetv »

TMRyan wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 13:52 Sorry,

My countermeasure is somewhat wrong. The configuration folder is not interoperable with other folders in the file management, and the folder cannot be transferred to Plex. You need to log in to the terminal tool to operate.

3. Then use a terminal tool (such as PuTTY) to log in, enter the IP, SSH port, username: root, and the password is the same as the admin account password.
4. Enter the command:
cp -r /mnt/md0/public/Sub-Zero.bundle "/mnt/md0/User/plex/home/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins"
or
cp -r /mnt/md0/public/sub-zero.bundle / mnt / md0 / application / lib / plexmediaserver / Resources / Plug-ins-b0c7a97d9
Press Enter.
5. After transferring the plugin to the target directory, go to the management plug-in in the settings in Plex.

Note: The sub-zero.bundle in /mnt/md0/public/sub-zero.bundle is the folder name of the required plug-in. You can transfer the plug-in folder via SMB.

Tried this command, but getting a Permission denied Error
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

supreetv wrote: 26 May 2021, 20:26
TMRyan wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 13:52 Sorry,

4. Enter the command:
or
Press Enter.

Tried this command, but getting a Permission denied Error
Are you using the root user or switched to the root user?