plex setup

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
billbo32

plex setup

Post by billbo32 »

hi all sorry not sure if this is the place for this i have 2 F2-210 and have set up plex on 1 of them , could anyone please tell me how to add folders that are on my network to plex please ?? i can find everything on the F2-210 that is running plex but cant find anything from my network , thank you
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: plex setup

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Do you want to add files from TNAS to Plex?
Add a resource library at the bottom of the user settings on the login PLEX page.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
billbo32

Post by billbo32 »

hi looking to add files from lets say my pc or my other nas
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Then you need to select and register the PC or other NAS as the source and then select the files to share with the plex server.
billbo32

Post by billbo32 »

Tricky wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 01:58 Then you need to select and register the PC or other NAS as the source and then select the files to share with the plex server.
thanks would you know how this is done please
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Your best bet is to go to the plex info on how to set up and have a good read, but the short version is if you already have plex set up and running on the TNAS is to settings scroll down to manage and then Libraries and from there add a library and depending on it name and location but for a computer it would be something like this (C:\Users\User\Desktop\) and add the folder which contains the media files you want.
billbo32

Post by billbo32 »

Tricky wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 05:25 Your best bet is to go to the plex info on how to set up and have a good read, but the short version is if you already have plex set up and running on the TNAS is to settings scroll down to manage and then Libraries and from there add a library and depending on it name and location but for a computer it would be something like this (C:\Users\User\Desktop\) and add the folder which contains the media files you want.
thanks that is what i have been trying , i have plex setup on a pc and i would mount them on the network, but with the TNAS i cant seem to do this ??? tried looking for a guide and cant even find one