Need latest Plex to fix the DDoS attack bug

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
Dennis_H

Need latest Plex to fix the DDoS attack bug

Post by Dennis_H »

Can we get the latest Plex server approved sop we can update to make sure we don't have the rather nasty bug that was just fixed? Need to get at least 1.21.3.4014 available for TOS devices.
sports_wook

Re: Need latest Plex to fix the DDoS attack bug

Post by sports_wook »

Yes, please! I second this request. Really need this for the recent bug fix/security patch.

In general, more timely Plex updates would be greatly appreciated. We're often a few versions behind the current stable release which isn't good for user experience or security.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Plex will be updated after the Spring Festival.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

So a festival is more important than the security of ALL of your users?! That is HIGHLY unacceptable!
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We understand the bug of plex version. We will try to contact the relevant staff in the relevant vacation to modify it. However, because it may be a busy holiday for many people, we can't guarantee that it can be fixed during the holiday.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

I agree about leaving many customers exposed to a vulnerability. However there are some things that can be done for now to mitigate the risk if you read the PLEX bulletin and related articles. https://forums.plex.tv/t/security-regar ... dos/687162
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

with TerraMaster support, plex team now could release new update packages for TerraMaster NAS on their own website. To obtain a new update from plex, just visit their website, download the update package, and manually install it in TOS app store.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

TMroy wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 11:21 with TerraMaster support, plex team now could release new update packages for TerraMaster NAS on their own website. To obtain a new update from plex, just visit their website, download the update package, and manually install it in TOS app store.
please point me to the link as when I select terramaster there is no download available -
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

TMroy wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 11:21 To obtain a new update from plex, just visit their website, download the update package, and manually install it in TOS app store.
Does this mean that TM will no longer have Plex listed in the Applications, or is this just an option for faster updates?
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Some third party apps like plex emby release update so often, we are not able to catch up. Allowing third parties to release update themselves, that will help you get latest updates faster. of course, such apps will remain listing in TerraMaster app stores.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)