Need latest Plex to fix the DDoS attack bug

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
JayBlingham

Re: Need latest Plex to fix the DDoS attack bug

Post by JayBlingham »

TMroy wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 00:34 ...of course, such apps will remain listing in TerraMaster app stores.
Ok, perfect. As much as I am glad that the most up-to-date version are available for those who want them. I prefer to maintain my updates through the app store. I use only the basic functionality of Plex, and only locally on my own network, so maintaining up-to-the-minute bug fixes is not as much of a priority for me. As long as the updates flow to me eventually, I'm happy :)

Thanks!
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

TMroy wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 00:34 Some third party apps like plex emby release update so often, we are not able to catch up. Allowing third parties to release update themselves, that will help you get latest updates faster. of course, such apps will remain listing in TerraMaster app stores.
still no update to fix this vulnerability though..
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

and STILL no fix.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

We will push plex team to hurry, please do that from your side too.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Can you please confirm that it is definite that Plex are now going to provide the updates for Terramaster products as there seems some confusion going on.

On top of that Plex only mention Terramaster (intel) on their list of supported products where quite obviously the f2-210 is not.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Well nearly two whole weeks of leaving plex application running on your servers with a vulnerability present and no reply for nearly a week. Well done Terramaster...

Please clear up this mess between you and Plex as they seem to think you have to release it and they don't...
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Plex employee has said "I’ll reach out to them again to discuss." So clearly there is nothing in place. Please give us a version with a fix...
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

TMroy wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 11:21 with TerraMaster support, plex team now could release new update packages for TerraMaster NAS on their own website. To obtain a new update from plex, just visit their website, download the update package, and manually install it in TOS app store.
How do I do this? It just says on the Plex website to download it from the TOS store, there is no file I can download.
TMsupport2

Post by TMsupport2 »

We are working with Plex and a new version addressing the potential DDoS amplification issue shall be available in this week.
To contact our team, please email the addresses below, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

This message is now 7 days old..... still nothing..