Emby “Bad Gatway”

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
Hopeab

Emby “Bad Gatway”

Post by Hopeab »

Hi,

Since I have upgraded my F4-220 I can no long access Emby. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a number of times and still no joy. Every time I click on the icon it get the same problem “Bad Gatway”.

Is there something I have done wrong? Or is there a fix for this?

Thanks for your time.
“Together we stand, Divided we fall”
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Emby “Bad Gatway”

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your current TOS version and take a screenshot of the error message in return.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As you updated your TOS from very out of date version, please to try to delete all the Emby configuration files under /home or /appdata folder and try to install it again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hopeab

Post by Hopeab »

TMroy wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 22:57 As you updated your TOS from very out of date version, please to try to delete all the Emby configuration files under /home or /appdata folder and try to install it again.
Thank you TMroy. That worked as a charm. I deleted the configuration files first then though that I would delete all of Emby and start a new. It is now up and running. 😊 Thank you again for your help and time. 👍
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

No problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Hopeab

Post by Hopeab »

Hi TMroy,

Since your last helpful reply everything had been working great. No problems at all.

Last night I was told there was a new update for my NAS drive so I updated it. Now I am back to where I was a month ago. I uninstalled emby and looked to see if there was anything in the appdata folder and there was nothing that had emby listed there. So reinstalled the app again and still the same problem. Bad gateway!

I am thinking that it was the update that has knocked everything out but I am unable to find what to do now. Any help and ideas would be great.

Thank you.
Hopeab

Post by Hopeab »

UPDATE.

I was reading through other posts where people has the same sort of problem so I followed below:

Actually you can reinstall your TOS to fix it:
Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.

Power off the NAS, take out the HDD’s, power on the NAS.
Search the NAS IP address by the TNAS PC App, click on the located IP address and click "Login"
When it says no HDD detected, keep the NAS powered on and install your HDD
Next
When it asks if you’d like to install TOS already in the HDD or install new TOS, please select “Install new TOS”. And here there is a message saying the data in the hard drives would be lost, please ignore it, your data won’t be lost by confirming “Yes” to proceed here.
Next
Auto download and install TOS system (recommended)
Set your password and time zone

After that, there are two possibilities:
A. You may be directed to the log in page, please go ahead to log in.

B. You may be directed to the RAID creating page, please STOP here and close the window immediately. Please get back to us, and we will need to remote-in to check.

After the TOS reinstallation, to ensure you can see the data in your hard drives, please check the following:

1. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission

2. Please ensure the shared folder’s R/W permission is authorized to the user:
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – select the shared folder and Edit – please check in User permission and Group permission accordingly.

3. If you are still unable to see the data, please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – Advanced – Restore to

The Problem in doing that was I lost ALL of my setting and so on that I have been working on for the past month!!! So I have to set up Emby all over again! That is days worth of work gone!

So the question has to be..... If each time there is a new update will I have to go through the above and then delete the Emby folder in turn loss all of my Emby setting and will have to start again? Or and I really do hope there is an or, is there another way so that I will not have to start from 0 each time.

Thanks for your time TMroy
sound

Post by sound »

Hello...
I have the exact same problem .... 502 Bad Gateway.
It gives me the problem after I updated the TOS to the version
4.2.07-2012241608.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Emby several times, but nothing ....
I noticed, however, that the server "pretends" to start, and instead does not start.

Fabio

I attach a video

https://youtu.be/Uc1xQ8kamA8
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Try to change the pop-up window prohibited(default) in the browser settings to allow.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
Isembard

Post by Isembard »

I also have the Emby "Bad Gateway" problem. I have reinstalled TOS to the latest version, re-installed Emby, and checked the permissions on the shared 'Appdata' folder (which is empty) and the shared 'Public' folder (which contains my data).
After clicking on the Emby Server icon, I get the screen message '502 Bad Gateway / nginx 1.16.1'.
Any suggestion on how to cure this?

FT-210 with single 2TB disk.