Plex doesn't update libraries

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
MapaM
Spain

Plex doesn't update libraries

Post by MapaM »

Hi !!

I have a problem with Plex (ver.1.27.1.5916. TOS 5.0.135). When I add a new video file to the library folder it doesn't recognize it. I hit "search for files in the library" many times but it doesn't show up. The music library works perfectly but the movie library doesn't and both have the same options set.

I have looked at the permissions of the media user and of the folders, I have deleted the library and recreated it, I have changed the name of the files even to move them to another folder without any success.

I wanted to reset Plex but when I hit the desktop icon the "reset" option no longer appears, but instead it opens the interface directly. The only thing left is to uninstall and install Plex but with the failures we have had with the updates it scares me

any suggestion?
Thank you
F2-221 + D4-300
10Gb RAM, 34Tb
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex doesn't update libraries

Post by TMRyan »

The reset button has been removed, you can delete the PLEX shared folder or rename it and restart PLEX.
You can go to the User Groups section of the Control Panel to set the permissions of the media group shared folders.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
MapaM
Spain

Post by MapaM »

Hello

Thanks for answering but it didn't work for me. If it works for me, it is by confirming the permissions of the folder within the control panel> Shared folder> Select the folder and edit and apply.

As it is not something that keeps me up at night, I will wait for future updates hoping that it will be fixed.
F2-221 + D4-300
10Gb RAM, 34Tb
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Did you add the user to the media user group?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MapaM
Spain

Post by MapaM »

Hi!

TOS 5.0.163 update solved my problem. Thanks
F2-221 + D4-300
10Gb RAM, 34Tb
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

I think there is a problem with the files's permission. I have had to change with the chmod 777 for plex detect the film. I dont Know why