PLEX Update available

Discussion about Plex and Emby Media Server
scoobyfizz

PLEX Update available

Post by scoobyfizz »

I have noticed today on F2-210 version 1.23.5.4841 (The very latest!!) is available. I have updated and seems to be working ok.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
scoobyfizz

Re: PLEX Update available

Post by scoobyfizz »

ok spoke too soon... on a scan I got a cpu over 90% and plex seemed to crash.. Also it want back to saying 'update' available. So I have rebooted and done the update again, and then rebooted again and it is still showing 'update'?

Anyhow I have kicked off the scan once again but it has crashed plex again...

So for some reason this update is not working.. I will see if I can fix it somehow

The data and libraries works fine on another 2 plex installations so I am 100% certain it is not the data. Will also run the logging on to see if anything obvious

So near :?
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

found it won't scan photo library although on my other two nas's they do... This is a backup so not too much hardship. May re-install Plex and set up from scratch to see if that works. Nothing obvious in the logs either it just crashes I suspect it is a memory thing..
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

scoobyfizz wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 19:30 found it won't scan photo library although on my other two nas's they do... This is a backup so not too much hardship. May re-install Plex and set up from scratch to see if that works. Nothing obvious in the logs either it just crashes I suspect it is a memory thing..
Now I have updated to plex it constantly still has the update button next to it so I am not 100% sure whether it has updated correctly now...
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

scoobyfizz wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:30
scoobyfizz wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 19:30 found it won't scan photo library although on my other two nas's they do... This is a backup so not too much hardship. May re-install Plex and set up from scratch to see if that works. Nothing obvious in the logs either it just crashes I suspect it is a memory thing..
Now I have updated to plex it constantly still has the update button next to it so I am not 100% sure whether it has updated correctly now...
Hi! You have updated the lastest version. The update button will not affect your use,and we are working to resolve this issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

For information there is another new version of Plex released today, 1.23.5.4862.

Also I still cannot get Plex installation on my TNAS to scan my one directory. now I know the data is ok as I have two QNAP nas's with Plex on too and they scan the same data correctly. I did not have a problem until this release of Plex though.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, deleted the PLEX directory, reinstalled and set up from scratch with just this one directory and it still gets to a certain point and then crashes. Nothing obvious in the Plex logs either

I have uninstalled for now and giving up..
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Thanks for the updated app, thanks for breaking Plex once again. Why does this happen with such regularity?
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker
Again, please report your issue to the Plex team, every update package was released from the Plex team, we just put it online after our testing. If you don't report such an issue to plex, they will not even know such a thing happening. Plex releases updates for TNAS, they should make sure their updates work well on TNAS devices.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MissionAborted

Post by MissionAborted »

Installed the update and now Plex has been "configuring" for about 18 hours...

Tried This - viewtopic.php?f=75&t=364 - DID NOT WORK
Uninstalled and Re-installed (several times) - DID NOT WORK

I'm getting REALLY tired of my server going down every time there is an update. Any suggestions?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MissionAborted
If your PLEX configuration is not important, you can uninstall PLEX, then use SSH to log in and delete the content related to PLEX, and then download PLEX again.
Of course, you can send an email to our support team and we will check it for you remotely.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)