Updating Portainer application

Discussion about Docker
dern3rd

Updating Portainer application

Post by dern3rd »

Hey there,

just wanted to know if there is any planned update for the Portainer application, as the version 2.1.1 (TM application version 2.13.1 => Portainer 2.1.1) is from February 2021 and has severe issues (e.g. editing of ENV vars is broken after setting up a stack).
Or is there a way of installing a newer version without waiting for the TM Application updates?

Other way to work around this would be running Portainer through Docker myself, but I didn't look into how to move the existing configuration etc (which also sounds like a lot manual labor).

Thanks in advance
Mizuma

Re: Updating Portainer application

Post by Mizuma »

Adding my voice to this, it is severely outdated now
epsilonion

Post by epsilonion »

Seems like the whole system is, just did a ter_wget version (normally wget) and its version is GNU Wget 1.19.2 I find this disapointing to be honest.

I wish there was a way to apt update && apt upgrade, to at least install the security updates of the base OS.
Mcfroz

Post by Mcfroz »

It's 5/9/23 and it looks like there still is no update. Terramaster are you ever going to update portainer?
gcok

Post by gcok »

bump
liammcmullan

Post by liammcmullan »

Please update the Portainer Application. I miss the ability to backup/save my Stacks which is available in later versions
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We have received and understood your feedback and will check to see if any updates are available from Portainer.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
portainernoob

Post by portainernoob »

liammcmullan wrote: 23 May 2023, 19:12 Please update the Portainer Application. I miss the ability to backup/save my Stacks which is available in later versions
If you mean just the stack configuration you can go to the stacks page and click editor to copy the container settings to a text editor.
liammcmullan

Post by liammcmullan »

portainernoob wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 08:25
liammcmullan wrote: 23 May 2023, 19:12 Please update the Portainer Application. I miss the ability to backup/save my Stacks which is available in later versions
If you mean just the stack configuration you can go to the stacks page and click editor to copy the container settings to a text editor.
Partially, I was also meaning backing up the Portainer Server Configuration which is found in Settings - Backup Configuration
TJ27sk
Russia

Post by TJ27sk »

If you need for TOS4 arm - I have latest 2.18.3. Full worked.