PiHole in Docker on F2-221 (TOS 4.2.40)

Discussion about Docker
Mayhem

PiHole in Docker on F2-221 (TOS 4.2.40)

Post by Mayhem »

I know these are subjects that have been asked and answered before, but I cannot seem to get PiHole working in a Docker container.

I have Jellyfin running fine along side Portainer and have had a PiHole running on a RPi for years (was on a 3b now on a 4)

I tried to follow this guide: https://www.wundertech.net/how-to-setup ... o-methods/ (only deviation is I have a /etc/pihole define in Volumes too as well as having the ports defined under Port Settings rather than WEB_PORT in Environment bc that simply doesn't work) and exported the config of my pihole from my RPi but it refuses to resolve. Does anyone have a TNAS-specific guide or point to anything specific about the TNAS that might need to be configured differently from the guide I linked?
Mayhem

Re: PiHole in Docker on F2-221 (TOS 4.2.40)

Post by Mayhem »

Still poking around with this and still having issues. But I wonder/believe if the issue has anything to do with the fact that in the pihole's Network Overview it shows the eth0 of the NAS as having an IP of 172.17.0.3 despite my having the ServerIP defined on the Environment tab in Docker as that of the NAS (192.168.4.44). I cannot for the life of me figure out where/how to change what the pihole thinks its IP address should be.
Mayhem

Re: PiHole in Docker on F2-221 (TOS 4.2.40)

Post by Mayhem »

Finally figured it out. The IP stuff I was seeing is just internal to the container and not a factor.

Network has to be host, not bridge.
Web_port variable needs to be added to Environment