docker empty after update

Discussion about Docker
infoaliste
Spain

docker empty after update

Post by infoaliste »

Hi, I have a problem after updating the docker application yesterday I have lost my containers and the application is in initial state, without my images and containers.

I think the problem is that the docker application is being installed in the "/Volume1" folder but my containers and images are in the "/Volume2" folder.
I have tried deleting the /volume1 folder but when I reinstall docker it automatically recreates itself.
I have also tried copying the contents of the /Volume2 folder to the /Volume1 folder but it seems that there is not enough space in this folder (I have 4 Tb of available space at least in the /Volume1 folder).
Attached is a screenshot of the folder contents.
I appreciate your help to fix this.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Attachments
Captura-de-pantalla-2022-11-24-111140.jpg
Captura-de-pantalla-2022-11-24-111140.jpg (18.4 KiB) Viewed 10075 times
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: docker empty after update

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}infoaliste

First disable Docker and move DockerData of Volume 2 to Volume 1

The command is as follows: mv /Volume2/DockerData/ /Volume1/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
infoaliste
Spain

Post by infoaliste »

Hello, Hello, here is the result:

Code: Select all

[xxxx@TNASxxx ~]# mv /Volume2/DockerData/ /Volume1/
mv: inter-device move failed: '/Volume2/DockerData/' to '/Volume1/DockerData'; unable to remove target: Directory not empty
infoaliste
Spain

Post by infoaliste »

In my first post I mistakenly said that I had 4 Tb of space available in /Volume1. What I really meant to say was that the available space was in /Volume2.
sorry for the confusion
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Execute the following command

mv /Volume1/DockerData/  /Volume1/DockerDataBAK
mv /Volume2/DockerData/ /Volume1/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
infoaliste
Spain

Post by infoaliste »

The first command is executed correctly
The second one immediately displays hundreds of error lines such as

mv: cannot create directory '/Volume1/DockerData/volumes/3f99ae3803070e21d8cd1ebc5555fd5d8031569976aac214e27437ecf69ade7b': No space left on device
As I told you before, all my data is in /Volume2. I don't know where the /Volume1 folder came from, but it is where the docker root folder is installed by default.
I have tried to change the path of that folder following the instructions I found here: https://tienbm90.medium.com/how-to-cha ... a39be1a70b
but it didn't work.
infoaliste
Spain

Post by infoaliste »

now I have lost access to Tos via web
when I try to access with my username and password I get the message "the user does not exist"
TMnight
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnight »

Whether you have changed the system configuration, resulting in a prompt that "the user name does not exist" when logging in. If you cannot restore the previous system configuration, it is recommended that you reinstall the system to solve the problem that you cannot log in. For the Docker volume problem, we will optimize it later.
infoaliste
Spain

Post by infoaliste »

Finally, I reinstalled TOS to recover the web access, backed up my important files and deleted from the control panel the Volume2 and reinstalled TOS again to leave the NAS empty and recreate again the storage volume. This is the solution I have chosen to apply to solve this problem. Now all my data, and Docker containers are in a single volume "/Volume1" and there is no "/Volume2".
After reinstalling all the apps I had previously (Docker, Vpn Server, Plex) everything seems to work correctly again and they are all installed by default in /Volume1.