Have you fixed this issue?
XFNeo

Re: Docker config gone after update

Post by XFNeo »

Is the issue fixed in TOS 5.1.31 ?
MooieBoot

Post by MooieBoot »

Or docker update or TOS update made my connected folders readonly.
That's what the app says, but they're all empty/inaccessible.
Had to re-assign folders for all docker instances.....
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MooieBoot

This issue is still being fixed. May I ask if the network configuration of the error container you used before is all "HOST"?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

Guys, I just noticed that upgrading the Docker manager app (which in turn seems to deploy containerd and the whole docker stuff)
the daemon.json configuration used by the daemon and hosted at path /Volume1/@apps/docker/conf/daemon.json
is simply overwritter
so that any customization applied there - such as dns, logging opts - gets lost

ahem... Is this wanted?

TOS 5.1.40
Docker manager 1.2.2
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}davidecavestro
This file has nothing to do with Docker and container configuration.
You can find configuration files in /Volume1/DockerData/containers/container id.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

TMzethar wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 19:23 This file has nothing to do with Docker and container configuration.
I'm sorry to disagree. When I run

Code: Select all

pgrep -a dockerd
I get

Code: Select all

11898 /Volume1/@apps/docker/dockerd/bin/dockerd --config-file=/Volume1/@apps/docker/conf/daemon.json
So at path /Volume1/@apps/docker/conf/daemon.json there's the config with params for the docker daemon. GIven that docker advanced users sometimes need to customize it (i.e. to set custom DNS or change the IP address range to avoid conflicts, or change the logging driver for better performance, etc). My point is that packaging this file along with the app implies loosing any customization at every upgrade. Am I wrong?
TMzethar wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 19:23 You can find configuration files in /Volume1/DockerData/containers/container id.
I agree that /Volume1/DockerData/containers/container id is the path where docker by default stores the state/config of each specific container, such as the resolv.conf previously mentioned. It's not my point in this case.
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

TMzethar wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 19:23 This file has nothing to do with Docker and container configuration. You can find configuration files in /Volume1/DockerData/containers/container id.
Again... about /Volume1/@apps/docker/conf/daemon.json: packaging this file along with the docker distribution implies loosing any customization at every upgrade. Am I wrong?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

davidecavestro wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 20:38 Again...

about /Volume1/@apps/docker/conf/daemon.json:
packaging this file along with the docker distribution implies loosing any customization at every upgrade.

Am I wrong?
This is the setting for the Docker app. After updating, it will be overwritten by the default configuration. It is not recommended that you modify it. If you insist, you may need to backup and modify it frequently.
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

TMzethar wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 19:10
davidecavestro wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 20:38 Again...

about /Volume1/@apps/docker/conf/daemon.json:
packaging this file along with the docker distribution implies loosing any customization at every upgrade.

Am I wrong?
This is the setting for the Docker app. After updating, it will be overwritten by the default configuration. It is not recommended that you modify it. If you insist, you may need to backup and modify it frequently.
I see... so I assume the only option to control logs for the whole docker daemon is setting the Log Retention through Docker Manager user interface. Then any customized log option (i.e. changing the driver) should be set on a per-container basis.