Plex in Docker

Discussion about Docker
sports_wook

Plex in Docker

Post by sports_wook »

I've download the official Plex image for Docker and have the UI working and functioning properly, but I'm having trouble mapping the volumes for media directories to anything outside of the appdata folder. Can anyone provide some insight on how to mount/map a Docker volume to my media that's stored in the public folder?

Yes, I'm aware there's a built-in Plex application for TOS, but I prefer to run this through Docker for multiple reasons. And help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
unixtall

Re: Plex in Docker

Post by unixtall »

Transcode by hw will not work. I tried to configure plex in docker and transcode doesnt work. If you want test..

See the picture to know how you can mount.

/dev/dri is the driver of intel. But its doesnt work for me.

If you can configure your plex and transcoding by hardware works well. Please let me to know.
Attachments
Captura.PNG
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Got this working - I simply wasn't mapping the folders correctly.

That's a shame about the transcoding. Haven't tried it yet but will soon and let you know how/if it works for me.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

OK,thanks for the update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

Does the transcoding work in the official TerraMaster Plex version? @TMSupport
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The App is official from plex, so it may work as plex described in their spec.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Paulwilliam

Post by Paulwilliam »

Sports_wook, could you tell us what your multiple reasons are for installing Plex in Docker? I was thinking about trying the same myself and would be interested in seeing if any of your reasons match mine.